Sundance Helicopters, the longest running helicopter tour operator in Las Vegas, created a memorable Veterans Day week for more than 75 wounded service members by taking them, their caregivers, family members, friends, and supporters on a helicopter tour of the Las Vegas Strip on Sunday, Nov. 15. This excursion was part of the 7th annual “A Salute to the Troops,” weeklong event where groups of Wounded Warrior veterans from around the country fly in to Las Vegas to celebrate Veterans Day week.
“This is our seventh year creating memorable experiences for these courageous men and women,” said Jay Francis, President, Sundance Helicopters. “And we’ll continue this tradition because it’s an honor to serve those that have served our country.”
In total, four EC130T2 helicopters were flown from the Terrible Herbst terminal and transported more than 75 people visiting from all across the United States. Passengers experienced breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip from 800 feet in the air. Lunch was served by local catering service Cut and Taste and entertainment will also be provided at the terminal. Actor Gary Sinise was also on hand to wish the veterans a great flight, take photos and sign autographs.
For more information on the Gary Sinise Foundation and “A Salute to the Troops” event, go to: www.garysinisefoundation.org.
For more information on Sundance Helicopters, please contact (800) 653-1881 or go to www.sundancehelicopters.com. Follow Sundance Helicopters on Facebook and Instagram, @sundancehelicopters or on Twitter, @sundanceheli.
About Sundance Helicopters, Inc. Sundance Helicopters was founded in 1985 and primarily focused on flight training for pilots and local Las Vegas Strip tours. In 1988, Sundance Helicopters initiated a Grand Canyon tour that rapidly became the most popular helicopter tour in Las Vegas. Today, Sundance Helicopters is the most experienced helicopter tour company with a fleet of 26 aircraft and 22 tours to the Grand Canyon. Its business has expanded to not only tours, but is the partner of choice for the U.S. government to assist in military support missions. Sundance also works with the motion picture industry and top production companies, such as Paramount, Disney, Warner Brothers and the E! television network.
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020