Sundance Helicopters, the longest running helicopter tour operator in Las Vegas, created a memorable Veterans Day week for more than 75 wounded service members by taking them, their caregivers, family members, friends, and supporters on a helicopter tour of the Las Vegas Strip on Sunday, Nov. 15. This excursion was part of the 7th annual “A Salute to the Troops,” weeklong event where groups of Wounded Warrior veterans from around the country fly in to Las Vegas to celebrate Veterans Day week.
“This is our seventh year creating memorable experiences for these courageous men and women,” said Jay Francis, President, Sundance Helicopters. “And we’ll continue this tradition because it’s an honor to serve those that have served our country.”
In total, four EC130T2 helicopters were flown from the Terrible Herbst terminal and transported more than 75 people visiting from all across the United States. Passengers experienced breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip from 800 feet in the air. Lunch was served by local catering service Cut and Taste and entertainment will also be provided at the terminal. Actor Gary Sinise was also on hand to wish the veterans a great flight, take photos and sign autographs.
For more information on the Gary Sinise Foundation and “A Salute to the Troops” event, go to: www.garysinisefoundation.org.
For more information on Sundance Helicopters, please contact (800) 653-1881 or go to www.sundancehelicopters.com. Follow Sundance Helicopters on Facebook and Instagram, @sundancehelicopters or on Twitter, @sundanceheli.
About Sundance Helicopters, Inc. Sundance Helicopters was founded in 1985 and primarily focused on flight training for pilots and local Las Vegas Strip tours. In 1988, Sundance Helicopters initiated a Grand Canyon tour that rapidly became the most popular helicopter tour in Las Vegas. Today, Sundance Helicopters is the most experienced helicopter tour company with a fleet of 26 aircraft and 22 tours to the Grand Canyon. Its business has expanded to not only tours, but is the partner of choice for the U.S. government to assist in military support missions. Sundance also works with the motion picture industry and top production companies, such as Paramount, Disney, Warner Brothers and the E! television network.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation