Today Vertiport Chicago and EvoLux Transportation announced a partnership that will bring Helicopter Charter Ridesharing to Chicago and the greater Midwest region.
Helicopter Rideshare reservations, known as SkyShares, will revolutionize Midwest regional travel by providing vastly increased accessibility to the most convenient, time-saving way to travel. The social benefits, as well as the style factor, of arriving in a helicopter are undisputed – now more are able to experience it for themselves.
Vertiport Chicago marks the return of a dedicated commercial helicopter facility to Chicago with a next generation, full-service landing facility located downtown featuring state-of-the-art amenities. Launched in April 2015, Vertiport is North America’s largest and Chicago’s only vertical helicopter landing facility. The company’s expansive facility serves as a Fixed Base Operation (FBO) for helicopter owners and operators and is located on ten acres of land boasting 30,000 square feet of hangar space, 11,700 square feet of office space, a 24-hour refueling station, a single take off and landing spot and eight helicopter parking spots. Vertiport’s location in the Illinois Medical District has made the FBO an ideal hub for EMS services. In addition to medical support, Vertiport Chicago offers helicopter charter flight services and sightseeing tours. Whether serving EMS professionals, corporate clientele, private aircraft owners or visitors to Chicago, Vertiport keeps safety and user experience as its top mission.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria