Today Vertiport Chicago and EvoLux Transportation announced a partnership that will bring Helicopter Charter Ridesharing to Chicago and the greater Midwest region.
Helicopter Rideshare reservations, known as SkyShares, will revolutionize Midwest regional travel by providing vastly increased accessibility to the most convenient, time-saving way to travel. The social benefits, as well as the style factor, of arriving in a helicopter are undisputed – now more are able to experience it for themselves.
Vertiport Chicago marks the return of a dedicated commercial helicopter facility to Chicago with a next generation, full-service landing facility located downtown featuring state-of-the-art amenities. Launched in April 2015, Vertiport is North America’s largest and Chicago’s only vertical helicopter landing facility. The company’s expansive facility serves as a Fixed Base Operation (FBO) for helicopter owners and operators and is located on ten acres of land boasting 30,000 square feet of hangar space, 11,700 square feet of office space, a 24-hour refueling station, a single take off and landing spot and eight helicopter parking spots. Vertiport’s location in the Illinois Medical District has made the FBO an ideal hub for EMS services. In addition to medical support, Vertiport Chicago offers helicopter charter flight services and sightseeing tours. Whether serving EMS professionals, corporate clientele, private aircraft owners or visitors to Chicago, Vertiport keeps safety and user experience as its top mission.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM