Conklin & de Decker, (Booth #N2921) in association with the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) announced that the eighth annual Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship winner is Leonard Nalbone. This scholarship is being awarded at the 2015 NBAA Business Aviation Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, on November 17th -19th.
Leonard is a senior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and is majoring in Aviation Business Administration. With a 4.0 grade point average, Leonard is a commercial fixed-wing licensed pilot as well as an airframe and power plant mechanic and plans to pursue his MBA at Cornell University – Johnson School of Buffalo. Leonard served as an enlisted helicopter mechanic with the New York Army National Guard in Albany, New York prior to being trained as a pilot. Devoted to pursuing a career in aviation, Leonard was exposed to general aviation at an early age and recently spent several years working as partner and general manager for Jamestown Aviation Company LLC, a successful FBO in Jamestown, New York.
“Leonard’s concerted efforts made toward his education and advanced career in aviation is impressive, and we are proud to play a part in supporting his passion for the industry,” commented Bill de Decker, chairman and co-founder of Conklin & de Decker. “On behalf of the entire staff at Conklin & de Decker, we congratulate Leonard Nalbone and wish him all the best as he pursues his future career in business aviation.”
The scholarship was initially created to honor the memory of Al Conklin, a U.S. Air Force veteran and business aviation leader for more than 60 years. Last year, the scholarship was renamed to also recognize Bill de Decker for his contributions to business aviation, for which he was honored with NBAA’s John P. “Jack” Doswell Award in 2014. Conklin’s career took him to business aviation where he sold aircraft for several companies before meeting Bill de Decker and creating the first Aircraft Cost Evaluator program. Then in 1984 they founded what became Conklin & de Decker. Each year NBAA Charities and Conklin & de Decker annually award $5,000 to an undergraduate student who is officially enrolled in an aviation management program at a University Aviation Association (UAA) member school.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO