Francois Lassale has recently announced the launch of the HeliOffshore Health and Usage Monitoring Best Practice guidance on behalf of all HeliOffshore members.
This guidance is the result of a highly engaged industry putting momentum behind those actions that will make the greatest difference to safety.
Our focus is always to make a difference to the frontline, where safety is delivered every day. What then becomes crucial is the adoption of best practice so that we can standardise and improve the safety of offshore operations around the world.
Through “HeliOffshore Space”, we are making participation in our safety efforts even easier. Our online, secure collaboration space is an industry first; empowering industry experts to collaborate to the benefit of everyone who works at the frontline and everyone who travels offshore.
We’re looking at how to improve the way our industry uses technology, how to further improve flight operational procedures, and how to support pilots, engineers and others to gain and maintain the skills to operate safely—every flight, every day. Whether it relates to flight crew operating manuals or emergency preparedness, we are gathering best practice from every region to consider how to apply it globally to further improve safety.
I already see an offshore helicopter industry that is working together more effectively; collaborating on safety by sharing information and expertise to the benefit of the people we serve.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to and reviewed the HUMS best practice guidance, particularly the members of the HeliOffshore HUMS workstream.
- James Strachan (Avionic Type Engineer)
- Sean Newlands (HUMS Analyst)
- Brian Tucker (Associate Technical Fellow, Integrated Vehicle Health Management)
- Joe Wendelsdorf (Staff Engineer – retired)
- Russell Gould (Director, Global Fleet Support & HeliOffshore HUMS Working Group Lead)
- Richard Barnett (HUMS Manager – Bristow US)
- Gayan Silva (Fleet Engineering Specialist)
- Jerry Cresswell (Fleet Engineering Specialist)
- Dave Squires (HUMS Administrator)
- Malcolm Garrington (Manager, HUMS Support & HeliOffshore HUMS Working Group Co-chair)
- John Cawdell (Manager, HMS Program)
- Bjorn Haga (HUMS Engineer)
- Jason Alamond (HUMS Program Manager)
- Robert Bouillon (Director – HSEQ)
- Tim Doucet (Supervisor, Aircraft Data Monitoring Systems)
Weststar Aviation Services
- Andy Taylor-Jones (Flight Data Manager)
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers