Francois Lassale has recently announced the launch of the HeliOffshore Health and Usage Monitoring Best Practice guidance on behalf of all HeliOffshore members.
This guidance is the result of a highly engaged industry putting momentum behind those actions that will make the greatest difference to safety.
Our focus is always to make a difference to the frontline, where safety is delivered every day. What then becomes crucial is the adoption of best practice so that we can standardise and improve the safety of offshore operations around the world.
Through “HeliOffshore Space”, we are making participation in our safety efforts even easier. Our online, secure collaboration space is an industry first; empowering industry experts to collaborate to the benefit of everyone who works at the frontline and everyone who travels offshore.
We’re looking at how to improve the way our industry uses technology, how to further improve flight operational procedures, and how to support pilots, engineers and others to gain and maintain the skills to operate safely—every flight, every day. Whether it relates to flight crew operating manuals or emergency preparedness, we are gathering best practice from every region to consider how to apply it globally to further improve safety.
I already see an offshore helicopter industry that is working together more effectively; collaborating on safety by sharing information and expertise to the benefit of the people we serve.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to and reviewed the HUMS best practice guidance, particularly the members of the HeliOffshore HUMS workstream.
- James Strachan (Avionic Type Engineer)
- Sean Newlands (HUMS Analyst)
- Brian Tucker (Associate Technical Fellow, Integrated Vehicle Health Management)
- Joe Wendelsdorf (Staff Engineer – retired)
- Russell Gould (Director, Global Fleet Support & HeliOffshore HUMS Working Group Lead)
- Richard Barnett (HUMS Manager – Bristow US)
- Gayan Silva (Fleet Engineering Specialist)
- Jerry Cresswell (Fleet Engineering Specialist)
- Dave Squires (HUMS Administrator)
- Malcolm Garrington (Manager, HUMS Support & HeliOffshore HUMS Working Group Co-chair)
- John Cawdell (Manager, HMS Program)
- Bjorn Haga (HUMS Engineer)
- Jason Alamond (HUMS Program Manager)
- Robert Bouillon (Director – HSEQ)
- Tim Doucet (Supervisor, Aircraft Data Monitoring Systems)
Weststar Aviation Services
- Andy Taylor-Jones (Flight Data Manager)
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter