Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the sale of the first Bell 407GXP to Germany. The aircraft will be outfitted for corporate and VIP transport, which continues to be a popular market segment throughout Europe.
Dr. Ernst Langner and Nataly Langner signed for the Bell 407GXP at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention and Exhibition and will be the first to operate this aircraft throughout Germany.
“We are thrilled to have the first customer in Germany sign for the Bell 407GXP and deliver this superior aircraft to the region,” said Patrick Moulay, vice president of Global Sales and Marketing for Bell Helicopter. “The Bell 407 has proven to be a very popular aircraft with over 1,200 flying worldwide today, with particularly strong demand for the upgraded Bell 407GXP from our European customer base. We are pleased to see the continued interest in our modern commercial product line.”
Bell Helicopter’s Independent Representative, Atlas Air Service AG, supported the signing and is a renowned aviation company with its head office in Ganderkesee located in Lower Saxony, Germany and has been an Independent Representative for Bell Helicopter since October 2014.
“The luxurious interior, combined with the smooth, quiet performance of the aircraft is exactly what the customer was looking for, so this was a perfect fit,” said Nicolas von Mende, CEO of Atlas Air Service. “We look forward to seeing this superior aircraft operating in Germany.”
The Bell 407GXP is another example of Bell Helicopter’s continued investment in its current products to enhance customer value and increase mission capability. The Bell 407GXP is an upgrade to Bell Helicopter’s best-selling platform, the Bell 407, with added value through industry leading performance, payload capability and operating economics.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145