Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, unveiled its new $5 million Las Vegas terminal with a grand opening celebration on Thursday, November 19. The state-of-the-art facility will officially open its doors to the public on Monday, November 30.
Throughout the evening, guests were treated to flights over the Las Vegas Strip, photo opportunities in front of the company’s Airbus EC130 ECO-Star helicopters, tours of Maverick Airlines’ fixed-winged aircraft, hors d’oeuvres and desserts from Cut and Taste and specialty cocktails handcrafted by Belvedere Vodka. Notable guests included Las Vegas Strip headliner Carrot Top, Master Photographer Peter Lik and representatives from the offices of Governor Brian Sandoval, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Senator Dean Heller, Senator Harry Reid, Congressman Cresent Hardy, Congressman Joe Heck, Congresswoman Dina Titus and the Clark County Government Center.
“We broke ground on this project approximately one year ago, and this opening represents a big milestone for Maverick Helicopters,” said John Buch, President of Maverick Aviation Group. “This year has been one of our best yet – from opening our fifth location in Maui to now unveiling one of the most elaborate helicopter terminals in the world, we couldn’t be more thankful to everyone who has helped us get to where we are today.”
Steve Sisolak, the Clark County Commission Chairman; Michael Goldsmith, the Vice President of International Marketing at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority; Todd Powers, the Western Regional Sales Manager at Airbus Helicopters; and Russ Spray, the President and Chief Executive Officer at SAFRAN Turbomeca USA also spoke on behalf of their associations and congratulated Maverick Helicopters on opening its new Las Vegas terminal. As Sisolak addressed the crowd on all Maverick Helicopters does for the community, he presented the company’s owners, Greg and Brenda Rochna, with a proclamation from Clark County that declared Thursday, November 19, 2015 as “Maverick Helicopters Day.”
Before the evening wrapped up, guests were treated to an over-the-top helicopter arrival and performance by Las Vegas Strip headliner Matt Goss. The singer had guests in awe as he performed a 30-minute set filled with classic hits that many know and love.
Maverick Helicopters’ new Las Vegas terminal is adjacent to the existing building, which will soon be renovated as well, is a total of 6,000 square feet and features:
· Floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook McCarran International Airport’s runways
· A private room for VIPs and group events
· A café with expanded food and beverage selections
· A signature registration desk with double the capacity of the previous terminal
· A separate photo and video desk for passengers to purchase photos and videos from their flights
· Modern, plush leather couches
· A large courtyard designed for group and corporate events
· Breathtaking gallery photos courtesy of Peter Lik
· A greatly expanded gift shop with branded items, handmade Native American artifacts and more
For more information on Maverick Helicopters or to book a reservation, please visit www.flymaverick.com or call 702.261.0007.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, offers guests unparalleled aerial tours inside its luxurious state-of-the-art helicopters in Nevada, Arizona and coming in 2015, Hawaii. During the excursions, guests board the safest and most comfortable tourism based helicopters in the world, ECO-Star Helicopters (EC-130) complete with quiet technology. They’ll receive the ultimate VIP treatment with live narration about the surrounding attractions, personal voice-activated headsets, individual seating for up to seven guests, wrap around windows and more. Custom and private aircraft charters are also available.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC