Bell has reached a point at the factory in Mirabel, Canada, that it has now registered the 300th 429. This likely means the aircraft is close to manufacture completion and start on the flight test phase.
Serial #57300 will carry the local test registration C-FLZC. There is no indication at this stage which customer has their name pencilled in against this airframe. The 429 has – as a helicopter model – now proven itself as the most popular light twin ever produced by Bell, with production clearly ahead of the 222, it’s previous best selling light twin with a production total of 191.
Within three years we expect the Bell 429 to reach a production total of 464. This is the point where it matches the combined production of the 222, 230, 427 and 430.
By comparison, Airbus Helicopters has now produced 1200 EC135s and over 810 AS355s, while AgustaWestland are close to a total of 1500 AW109s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Bell annonces sale of 2 B429s to EDIC Horizon
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s