Bell has reached a point at the factory in Mirabel, Canada, that it has now registered the 300th 429. This likely means the aircraft is close to manufacture completion and start on the flight test phase.
Serial #57300 will carry the local test registration C-FLZC. There is no indication at this stage which customer has their name pencilled in against this airframe. The 429 has – as a helicopter model – now proven itself as the most popular light twin ever produced by Bell, with production clearly ahead of the 222, it’s previous best selling light twin with a production total of 191.
Within three years we expect the Bell 429 to reach a production total of 464. This is the point where it matches the combined production of the 222, 230, 427 and 430.
By comparison, Airbus Helicopters has now produced 1200 EC135s and over 810 AS355s, while AgustaWestland are close to a total of 1500 AW109s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429