Russian Helicopters (part of State Corporation Rostec) has signed a contract with China’s Jiangsu Baoli for delivery of 4 Ka-32A11BC fire-fighting helicopters in 2016-2017.
Once delivered to China, the Ka-32A11BC helicopters will be used in fire-fighting operations, as well as for patrols and supporting special operations.
‘These helicopters are successfully operated in China. This contract confirms our interest in developing mutually beneficial cooperation, and we plan to continue to grow it through additional deliveries and new projects,’ Russian Helicopters СEO Alexander Mikheev said.
‘Ka-32A11BC helicopters are ideally suited to China’s high mountainous regions and heavily built-up urban centres, since they do not need much space to land and are easy to manoeuvre in mountainous and urban high-rise areas,’ Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin said.
China’s fire-fighting service has considerable experience of using Ka-32A11BC helicopters to fight fires and in search-and-rescue operations. In early January this year the Ka-32A11BC played a crucial role in rescuing passengers from the ice-bound Akademic Shokalsky research ship.
The Ka-32A11BC meets FAR-29 and AP-29 airworthiness standards, and has EASA certification. They are operated successfully in Austria, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, China, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, and Switzerland.
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter