Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that its Fleetlands facility in Gosport, UK, was selected as the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ at the 2015 Made in the South East Awards.
The awards ceremony, which was held in Guildford on November 26th, celebrated the success of manufacturing companies in England’s south east region. Vector’s Fleetlands facility was one of seven companies recognised during the event for its innovative and technological expertise.
“This award is particularly special to us, as it recognises both our professional prowess and our commitment and importance to the south east region,” says Trevor Pritchard, Director of Public Affairs at Vector’s UK division. “Our Fleetlands site has been a centre of excellence for aerospace and defence re-manufacturing since 1940, and we continue to employ and develop skilled engineers, who in turn maintain vital aerospace expertise in the south east region.”
In selecting Vector for the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ award, the Made in the South East Awards judges noted that the company’s commitment to ‘Setting the Standard of Customer Service’ exemplified the customer-focused culture which drives Vector’s success at every level of its business. The judges were also impressed by Vector’s commitment to developing both its products and its highly skilled workforce.
Now in its third year, the Made in the South East Awards are firmly established as the premier event for the UK’s south east manufacturing sector.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter