Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that its Fleetlands facility in Gosport, UK, was selected as the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ at the 2015 Made in the South East Awards.
The awards ceremony, which was held in Guildford on November 26th, celebrated the success of manufacturing companies in England’s south east region. Vector’s Fleetlands facility was one of seven companies recognised during the event for its innovative and technological expertise.
“This award is particularly special to us, as it recognises both our professional prowess and our commitment and importance to the south east region,” says Trevor Pritchard, Director of Public Affairs at Vector’s UK division. “Our Fleetlands site has been a centre of excellence for aerospace and defence re-manufacturing since 1940, and we continue to employ and develop skilled engineers, who in turn maintain vital aerospace expertise in the south east region.”
In selecting Vector for the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ award, the Made in the South East Awards judges noted that the company’s commitment to ‘Setting the Standard of Customer Service’ exemplified the customer-focused culture which drives Vector’s success at every level of its business. The judges were also impressed by Vector’s commitment to developing both its products and its highly skilled workforce.
Now in its third year, the Made in the South East Awards are firmly established as the premier event for the UK’s south east manufacturing sector.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats