Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that its Fleetlands facility in Gosport, UK, was selected as the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ at the 2015 Made in the South East Awards.
The awards ceremony, which was held in Guildford on November 26th, celebrated the success of manufacturing companies in England’s south east region. Vector’s Fleetlands facility was one of seven companies recognised during the event for its innovative and technological expertise.
“This award is particularly special to us, as it recognises both our professional prowess and our commitment and importance to the south east region,” says Trevor Pritchard, Director of Public Affairs at Vector’s UK division. “Our Fleetlands site has been a centre of excellence for aerospace and defence re-manufacturing since 1940, and we continue to employ and develop skilled engineers, who in turn maintain vital aerospace expertise in the south east region.”
In selecting Vector for the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ award, the Made in the South East Awards judges noted that the company’s commitment to ‘Setting the Standard of Customer Service’ exemplified the customer-focused culture which drives Vector’s success at every level of its business. The judges were also impressed by Vector’s commitment to developing both its products and its highly skilled workforce.
Now in its third year, the Made in the South East Awards are firmly established as the premier event for the UK’s south east manufacturing sector.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure