Bond Helicopters Australia has a total of four Sikorsky S92s currently in their name on the Australian register, but has parked up at least two of them.
VH-NYZ (serial 920233) was ferried right across Australia this past Sunday 6th and Monday 7th December, routing via Kununurra, Mount Isa, Longreach and Emerald on its way from its previous base at Truscott, Western Australia to Caloundra, Queensland, where it is now hangared. This was the same aircraft touted by Sikorsky at the Avalon Air Show (photo below) in February this year. The flight of NYZ mirrors a flight by sister ship VH-NYW (serial 920232) on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th October of this year.
These two helicopters are listed on the Australian register as owned by “Trans Rotor Ltd” on a UK address which equates to Banco Santander’s London office.
A further two brand new S92s were registered to Bond Helicopters Australia (as the operator) in the early days of September, again listed as owned by “Trans Rotor Ltd” in London. It is thus logical to associate these two aircraft with the same financing source. The pair are serials 920265 and 920267 with registrations VH-NWD and NWV respectively. There is no evidence we can yet find that these have flown in Australia, despite them being registered there for over three months.
HeliHub.com reached out to the Commercial Director of Bond Helicopters Australia “Director of Commercial” to confirm these details. We had no reply.
Bond Helicopters Australia also has three Airbus H225s on the Australian register. Two of these appear to be active most days according to data made available to HeliHub.com, while the third – first registered in Australia on 31 October 2014 – does not appear to have flown since mid August 2015.
We have used third party data for this article from a reliable source. If there are any corrections needed, please contact us at [email protected]
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia