L-3 WESCAM announced today that a combined fleet of its MX™-Series electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging and targeting systems has successfully logged close to one million flight hours on board various U.S.Department of Defense (DoD) aircraft.
The 184 systems continue to actively support three key programs, with the initial turrets having been fielded in 2005. Currently, 27 of these turrets have logged over 10,000 flight hours each while requiring only minimal in-field servicing. L-3 WESCAM has delivered over 1,700 MXSeries systems to the U.S. DoD in support of a variety of different programs.
“L-3 WESCAM is proud to support the U.S. Department of Defense as it continues to execute critical missions in some of the most challenging battlefield environments,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “Our ongoing investment in supporting customer requirements has enabled the DoD to maintain an extremely high level of operational availability by calling on our dedicated field support representatives and customized in-service
L-3 WESCAM sustains its outstanding customer support through the continuous addition of worldwide service resources, including the strategic placement of 14 worldwide authorized service centers, numerous training facilities, and on-site field support representatives who are available for dispatch from any WESCAM Authorized Service Center 24/7. L-3’s expansion of its customer service footprint underscores its commitment to provide reliable customer service solutions that are delivered globally.
L-3 WESCAM’s Fleet of MX™-Series Systems on Track to Log One Million Flight Hours
In support of evolving mission requirements, L-3 continues to enhance the MX-Series product line by incorporating leading-edge magnification, resolution and stabilization technologies across its diverse offering of imaging and targeting systems. Engineered to meet capability, reliability and suitability needs, L-3’s flight-proven solutions continue to be engineered for a wide range of airframes and mission portfolios.
L-3 WESCAM designs and manufactures stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems for airborne-, land- and marine-based platforms. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visitthe company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide and is a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. L-3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems. The company expects 2015 sales of $10.4 billion, excluding National Security Solutions (NSS). To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment