Bristow plans to launch a new Global Service Center in January 2016 that will provide aircraft on the ground (AOG) management to both Bristow’s oil and gas and search and rescue (SAR) operations and coordinated support from the major airframe original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Maintenance of increasingly complex aircraft with advanced technologies requires innovative solutions to achieve efficiency while sustaining the highest levels of safety and quality. As part of Bristow’s Operations Transformation, the company looked at how maintenance was coordinated and supported across its global operations with the goal of developing a comprehensive solution to reduce the time that aircraft are on the ground (AOG).
In January 2016, Bristow will launch a new Global Service Center (GSC) to provide AOG management to its oil and gas and search and rescue (SAR) operations and coordinate dedicated support from the major airframe original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Priority purchasers and technical specialists will be housed together and co-located with representatives from the OEMs. The GSC will provide support to global operations on a 24 hour, seven days-a-week basis and will be located in Houston, Texas. The GSC will also maintain a central repository of technical information, expertise and “lessons learned,” which will allow information to be shared efficiently over global operations.
Supply Chain will focus on sourcing AOG parts from suppliers and expediting movement to their destinations as efficiently as possible.
“The Global Service Center will provide a consistent, seamless approach to fleet maintenance, said Bristow Vice President Operations Mike Imlach. “It’s another example of how we’re changing our processes to better serve our clients and support their success by strengthening our global responsiveness and flexibility, both of which are critical to maximizing operational efficiency.”
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics