Today, Airbus Helicopters delivered the first Swedish NH90 in full anti-submarine warfare (ASW) configuration to the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration FMV (Försvarets Materielverk). The fully-qualified rotorcraft has an entirely customized mission system including underwater sonar, tactical radar and high cabin for improved interior space.
“In terms of versatility and customisability, the Swedish NH90 ASW demonstrates the benefits of an integrated, highly powerful, fly-by-wire helicopter platform”, said Wolfgang Schoder, Head of Light and Governmental Programmes at Airbus Helicopters. “Specially tailored for its maritime missions and the operative environment in the Baltic Sea, this helicopter is best-suited for the customer’s requirements.”
In total, Sweden has ordered 18 NH90, 13 equipped for search-and-rescue missions (SAR) and five in ASW configuration. In the frame of today’s delivery, FMV and the manufacturer NHIndustries have also signed a contract to modify four already delivered NH90 from SAR to ASW configuration, bringing the total Swedish NH90 fleet to nine ASW and nine SAR aircraft.
Prior to delivery, the aircraft has been thoroughly tested by the Swedish acceptance team in Donauwörth and over water in Marignane.
Several military services around the globe are already operating the NH90 in search & rescue, tactical transport, ASW or surveillance missions over sea. “With 260 NH90s already delivered to 13 different nations and nearly 100,000 flying hours in operation, this combat-proven helicopter is now confirming its worth at the hands of the most demanding customers around the globe.” said Schoder.
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase