Today, Airbus Helicopters delivered the first Swedish NH90 in full anti-submarine warfare (ASW) configuration to the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration FMV (Försvarets Materielverk). The fully-qualified rotorcraft has an entirely customized mission system including underwater sonar, tactical radar and high cabin for improved interior space.
“In terms of versatility and customisability, the Swedish NH90 ASW demonstrates the benefits of an integrated, highly powerful, fly-by-wire helicopter platform”, said Wolfgang Schoder, Head of Light and Governmental Programmes at Airbus Helicopters. “Specially tailored for its maritime missions and the operative environment in the Baltic Sea, this helicopter is best-suited for the customer’s requirements.”
In total, Sweden has ordered 18 NH90, 13 equipped for search-and-rescue missions (SAR) and five in ASW configuration. In the frame of today’s delivery, FMV and the manufacturer NHIndustries have also signed a contract to modify four already delivered NH90 from SAR to ASW configuration, bringing the total Swedish NH90 fleet to nine ASW and nine SAR aircraft.
Prior to delivery, the aircraft has been thoroughly tested by the Swedish acceptance team in Donauwörth and over water in Marignane.
Several military services around the globe are already operating the NH90 in search & rescue, tactical transport, ASW or surveillance missions over sea. “With 260 NH90s already delivered to 13 different nations and nearly 100,000 flying hours in operation, this combat-proven helicopter is now confirming its worth at the hands of the most demanding customers around the globe.” said Schoder.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Republic of Korea Navy launches tender for 12 helicopters
- RNLAF NH90 MASE now in operational use
- Leonardo and the Australian MOD sign agreement
- Safran to power Qatar NH90 fleet
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- 2nd NH90 Sea Lion prototype completes maiden flight
- NH90 joins the digital marketplace
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Last HKP 14 delivered