MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is pleased to announce an order by the Fresno County Sherriff’s Office, Fresno, California, for a new MD 530F. Unanimously approved by the Fresno County Board of Supervisors last week, the new MD 530F will deliver greater horsepower, increased payload capability, and reduced operating costs. Currently, Fresno County’s helicopter fleet includes two (2) MD 500E aircraft that have been in service with the Air Unit since 1997.
“We have proudly supported Fresno County’s operation of two MD 500E helicopters since the inception of the Air Unit nearly 20 years ago,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are honored they have chosen to update their fleet with a new MD 530F. Not only is this aircraft a proven performer that is fun-to-fly, the MD 530F has the speed, durability, maneuverability, and payload capability to support the ever-increasing rigors of a range of law enforcement missions.”
Fresno County’s current helicopter fleet – known as Eagle One and Eagle Two – have a logged a combined 30,000 flight hours in the execution of search and rescue missions, pursuit, and aerial surveillance in support of ground operations.
“Cost of operation and increased capability were major factors in the decision to purchase this aircraft,” said Capt. Robert Kandarian, Fresno County Sherriff’s Office. “Our MD helicopters play an indispensable role in our ability to protect and serve the citizens of Fresno County. The increased performance and payload of the MD 530F, combined with the exponential reduction in our annual operation and maintenance costs, will increase both our effectiveness and efficiency in the execution of all law enforcement activities.”
The new MD 530F features the Rolls-Royce 250-C30 650shp turbine engine, extended landing gear, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, wire strike protection system and Talon LC Keeperless hydraulic release cargo hook for external loads up to 2,000 pounds. High-contrast main rotor blades, a new Spectrolab SX- 16 searchlight, and an NVISB interior will provide improved visibility for both officers and citizens during low-light operations. The cockpit configuration features the Garmin 500H EFIS flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel, Aero Computers UC-6000 airborne mapping system, the Garmin GTS 800 Traffic Avoidance System, and Garmin GTR 225 audio panel.
Fresno County’s new MD 530F is expected to begin its service in the fourth quarter, 2016.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance, and includes the twin-engine MD 902 Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor – a key feature of the MD 902, MD 600N and MD 520N – is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability.For more information about MDHI, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, or visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help