NHV, a fast growing international helicopter operator, pursues its development by rolling out its strategic plan to become a sizeable, alternative player. Finally after five years we established our new base in Aberdeen. NHV is proud to announce that two Airbus H175 helicopters will reinforce the Aberdeen’s fleet.
Being present in Aberdeen is very important for NHV to enable the company to serve its existing and future customers in one of the most strategic helicopter hubs of the industry. The heliport facility is located at the north east corner of Aberdeen Dyce airport with short distances to the runways and a limited taxiing time needed.
In 2014, NHV was the world launching customer of the H175 helicopters in the Netherlands. Following this success and considering the capabilities of the aircraft, NHV will now position the H175 in the UK market. In 2015, the addition of one AW 139, four H175’s (of which three delivered this week) and four to come in 2016, will equip NHV with a very young and adapted fleet to position the company well despite difficult market conditions due to the drop of the oil price.
“The opening of our Aberdeen base and the first Aberdeen based contract with Chevron North Sea Limited will start on the 1st of January with two H175’s. These are strategically very important achievements which were only possible thanks to the commitment from all our stakeholders, our employees, our customers, our partners and our majority shareholder, Ardian.” says Eric Van Hal, CEO NHV Group.
The NHV Aberdeen heliport complex comprises a 2,400m² hangar and offices, a passenger terminal with check in, X-ray, security, safety equipment storage and issue, and safety briefing rooms. The ground floor of the complex there is a general waiting area and on the upper floor a dedicated passenger lounge. Catering facilities are provided by a local supplier.
New group branding
NHV continues the integration of its subsidiaries. The offshore branches of the NHV Group operate under their new brand. NHV, Blueway Offshore Norge and DanCopter have been integrated into one refurbished NHV brand. Airlift and Vertech, also part of the NHV Group, will continue to operate under their current brand.
As of today, NHV operates under its new brand. The rebranding process started shortly after the acquisition of the Blueway Group last year. As a result NHV doubled in size and has become a considerable player in the global helicopter services industry. The new brand reflects the unification of the two groups.
The new NHV brand is founded on its original core values of: Safety, Transparency, Ownership, People and Partnership. Unified under its new brand the NHV Group aims to be the European global helicopter operator of choice and set standards for the industry in terms of safety, flexibility and performance.
The rebranding also includes a change in the visual identity. A key element in this makeover is the new logo. The logo redesign reflects the groups’ evolution from a small-scale helicopter operator providing maritime services for the local harbor to an international group providing a wide range of helicopter services to our partners.
About NHV Group:
The NHV group, based in Ostend Belgium, is specialized in B-to-B helicopter services and has a strong geographic presence in Europe and Western Africa. The group conducts operations out of several bases on 2 continents with a team of over 650 employees. NHV’s main focus is on the oil and gas industry. The group has a leading position in Europe as the only helicopter operator that conducts operations in every oil producing country in the region. The scope of work also includes: Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Maritime Services, which include Search and Rescue (SAR), offshore Wind Farms and Harbor Pilot Services. Vertech Offshore and Airlift are two specialized companies within the NHV group who are leaders in their niche of flare tip replacement and power grid construction and maintenance. Aside from the helicopter operations, NHV is an approved training organization (ATO) and an official service center for our partner Airbus Helicopters. The group has a multipurpose high value fleet of 62 helicopters. NHV’s majority shareholder is Ardian, the independent private investment company with assets of US$50bn managed or advised in Europe, North America and Asia. Since 2012, NHV has ordered 16 helicopters of the state-of-the-art Airbus Helicopters H 175 model and is the global launching customer and the first operator to fly the H175. www.nhv.be
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum