The United States Helicopter Safety Team (http://www.ushst.org/) will help the Helicopter Association International (HAI) kick off
Heli-Expo 2016 by hosting a Symposium for helicopter safety professionals on Feb. 29th in Louisville.
The theme of the Safety Symposium will be “Safety and the Bottom Line” and will include presentations focused on showing how safety initiatives and the fostering of a safety culture results in a more profitable operation.
Key speakers at the event will be:
- Dennis Pierce, owner and founder of Colorado Heli-Ops in Broomfield, Colo. (http://coloradoheliops.com/about-us/) who will offer a case study on investing in safety profitably.
- Paul Spring, President of Phoenix Heli-Flight in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada (http://www.helitechevents.com/en/Contributors/405449/Paul-Spring) who will provide a case study in the use of affordable and sensible Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring tools and usage.
- Jim Viola, FAA Manager of the General Aviation and Commercial Division, who will present the mission and accomplishments of the USHST.
In addition, the Symposium will include a panel discussion by industry professionals on the topic of cost-effective safety initiatives and behaviors along with a deeper look at the latest U.S. safety and accident data.
The HAI Safety Symposium takes place Monday, Feb. 29, from 8:00 am to 10:00 am at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. Registration information can be found here: http://heliexpo.rotor.org/index.php/attendee-registration/
The USHST and the International Helicopter Safety Team promote safety and work to reduce accidents through a government and industry cooperative effort that has resulted in a worldwide decrease in civil helicopter accidents. More information about the IHST, its reports, safety tools, and Reel Safety audio-visual presentations can be obtained at its web site at www.IHST.org and on the IHST Facebook page.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement