ITP has signed a contract with the Civil Guard to provide maintenance services, supply spare parts and provide technical assistance for the Civil Guard Air Service’s aircraft engines.
Valued at about 9 million euros, the contract, which will function under a PbH (Power-by-the-Hour) technical support scheme, will have a term of 3 years from its date of signature and can be extended for an additional 6 months, in which case the total amount would reach approximately 10.5 million euros.
The Civil Guard’s Air Service consists of 39 aircraft, 37 of which are Airbus Helicopters distributed as follows: 16 units of model BO-105, 8 BK-117 and 13 EC135 P2, in addition to two CASA CN235-300 airplanes. The engines that will be serviced will therefore include the Rolls-Rocye 250 C20B, the LTS101 by Lycoming and the PW-206B2 by Pratt & Whitney respectively in the case of helicopters, as well as the CT7-9C3 by GE in the case of airplanes.
José Luis Zubeldia, Executive Director of ITP’s In Service Support unit states: “The contract awarded by the Civil Guard is yet another proof of the level of reliability and flexibility of the services provided by ITP to the armed forces and law enforcement agencies. With this contract, we will be providing high-quality services that will enable the Civil Guard’s Air Services to achieve the best possible level of performance during its flight missions.”
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas