Following the announcement in December 2012 of this order by the then-Eurocopter, HeliHub.com can confirm that the Finnish Border Forces have accepted two new AS332L1e helicopters in a ceremony on 21st December at Marignane, France.
Registered OH-HVP and HVQ, the helicopter are scheduled to remain in France for crew training, with in-country arrivals scheduled for the end of February and March – and in service in June. The pair will replace Agusta-Bell 412s, and will perform border patrol missions in addition to SAR and EMS work.
The Finnish Border Guard already operates three AS332L1 rotorcraft, which are assigned to its Turku base on the southwest coast of Finland. The service has logged arouns 25 years experience with each of these Super Pumas, which were delivered between 1988 and 1991. One of these three has recently been returned to the factory in southern France for an upgrade to the AS332L1e standard, with the other two to follow in due course.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet