Kamatics has received EASA Certification for its 206A/B/L Series KAflex Main Rotor Driveshaft, applicable to both Rotor Brake and Non-Brake installations.
All Models 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft installations are available directly through Power Aviation – Official European Distributor.
The 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft incorporates the same design and construction utilized in over 40,000 driveshafts presently in helicopter operation worldwide.
Other helicopters with KAflex driveshafts include the 205, UH-1, OH-58, SH2G, AH-1S, K-MAX, 206L4, 407, 427, 429, MD500/600 Series, BO-105, AW-101, AW139, AW169 and NH90.
The KAflex driveshaft, introduced into the U.S. Army inventory in 1978 with the conversion of its entire UH-1 fleet, eliminated the need for lubrication and maintenance.
Due to its excellent performance, it was designated an ”on condition” item with no service life limitation. The 6,500 UH-1 KAflex driveshafts in service throughout the world have accumulated more than 20 million flight hours since the fleet upgrade; many have over 10,000 hours. The ”lead the fleet” unit, installed in 1976, is still flying with more than 15,000 hours.
The KAflex driveshaft features:
- No lubrication required
- Superior misalignment capability
- Integral fail-safe
- High torque capacity
- Rugged construction
- Damage tolerant – Repairable
- Extended service life
- Increased reliability
- Ease of inspection
- Cost effective
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)