Robinson Helicopter delivered 347 aircraft in 2015, made up of 117 R66s, 196 R44s, and 34 R22s – a steady gain over 2014, which was in itself a huge drop over 2013. Looking at each model, the R22 production was the lowest in six years, R44s were marginally ahead and the main percentage gain was in the biggest of the range, the R66 Turbine.
2015 also saw the R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total, a comparative five seat turbine.
Additionally, HeliHub.com broke the story of the new R44 Cadet model in November, which led to Robinson Helicopter Company having to put out a press release some months ahead of schedule – we understand launch was intended at Heli-Expo 2016.
For comparative figures, here are the numbers for the last five years.
- 2014 production was 329 helicopters – 101 R66s, 186 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson production drops by 37% in 2014
- 2013 production was 523 helicopters – 192 R66s, 289 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson 2013 production shows marginal 1% increase on 2012
- 2012 production was 517 helicopters – 191 R66s, 286 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- 2011 production was 356 helicopters – 88 R66s, 212 R44s and 56 R22s – see Robinson more than doubles 2010 production in 2011
- 2010 production was 162 helicopters – 10 R66s, 112 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson production at lowest for 23 years
Peak year to date was 2008 with 893 deliveries
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe