Robinson Helicopter delivered 347 aircraft in 2015, made up of 117 R66s, 196 R44s, and 34 R22s – a steady gain over 2014, which was in itself a huge drop over 2013. Looking at each model, the R22 production was the lowest in six years, R44s were marginally ahead and the main percentage gain was in the biggest of the range, the R66 Turbine.
2015 also saw the R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total, a comparative five seat turbine.
Additionally, HeliHub.com broke the story of the new R44 Cadet model in November, which led to Robinson Helicopter Company having to put out a press release some months ahead of schedule – we understand launch was intended at Heli-Expo 2016.
For comparative figures, here are the numbers for the last five years.
- 2014 production was 329 helicopters – 101 R66s, 186 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson production drops by 37% in 2014
- 2013 production was 523 helicopters – 192 R66s, 289 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson 2013 production shows marginal 1% increase on 2012
- 2012 production was 517 helicopters – 191 R66s, 286 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- 2011 production was 356 helicopters – 88 R66s, 212 R44s and 56 R22s – see Robinson more than doubles 2010 production in 2011
- 2010 production was 162 helicopters – 10 R66s, 112 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson production at lowest for 23 years
Peak year to date was 2008 with 893 deliveries
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards