Robinson Helicopter delivered 347 aircraft in 2015, made up of 117 R66s, 196 R44s, and 34 R22s – a steady gain over 2014, which was in itself a huge drop over 2013. Looking at each model, the R22 production was the lowest in six years, R44s were marginally ahead and the main percentage gain was in the biggest of the range, the R66 Turbine.
2015 also saw the R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total, a comparative five seat turbine.
Additionally, HeliHub.com broke the story of the new R44 Cadet model in November, which led to Robinson Helicopter Company having to put out a press release some months ahead of schedule – we understand launch was intended at Heli-Expo 2016.
For comparative figures, here are the numbers for the last five years.
- 2014 production was 329 helicopters – 101 R66s, 186 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson production drops by 37% in 2014
- 2013 production was 523 helicopters – 192 R66s, 289 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson 2013 production shows marginal 1% increase on 2012
- 2012 production was 517 helicopters – 191 R66s, 286 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- 2011 production was 356 helicopters – 88 R66s, 212 R44s and 56 R22s – see Robinson more than doubles 2010 production in 2011
- 2010 production was 162 helicopters – 10 R66s, 112 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson production at lowest for 23 years
Peak year to date was 2008 with 893 deliveries
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours