Robinson Helicopter delivered 347 aircraft in 2015, made up of 117 R66s, 196 R44s, and 34 R22s – a steady gain over 2014, which was in itself a huge drop over 2013. Looking at each model, the R22 production was the lowest in six years, R44s were marginally ahead and the main percentage gain was in the biggest of the range, the R66 Turbine.
2015 also saw the R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total, a comparative five seat turbine.
Additionally, HeliHub.com broke the story of the new R44 Cadet model in November, which led to Robinson Helicopter Company having to put out a press release some months ahead of schedule – we understand launch was intended at Heli-Expo 2016.
For comparative figures, here are the numbers for the last five years.
- 2014 production was 329 helicopters – 101 R66s, 186 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson production drops by 37% in 2014
- 2013 production was 523 helicopters – 192 R66s, 289 R44s and 42 R22s – see Robinson 2013 production shows marginal 1% increase on 2012
- 2012 production was 517 helicopters – 191 R66s, 286 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- 2011 production was 356 helicopters – 88 R66s, 212 R44s and 56 R22s – see Robinson more than doubles 2010 production in 2011
- 2010 production was 162 helicopters – 10 R66s, 112 R44s and 40 R22s – see Robinson production at lowest for 23 years
Peak year to date was 2008 with 893 deliveries
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements