The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) will conduct a site visit of the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) on Feb. 22 and 23, 2016.
STARS has been accredited by CAMTS since 1998 with renewal occurring every three years. CAMTS accreditation standards deal with standards of patient care and safety in the transport environment. STARS has committed to this voluntary accreditation process with the goal of achieving excellence in air medical standards.
The purpose of the site visit will be to evaluate the program’s compliance with internationally established medical transport standards. The site visit results will be used to determine whether, and the conditions under which, accreditation should be renewed.
CAMTS accreditation standards deal with issues of patient care and safety of the transport environment. Anyone believing that he or she has pertinent or valid information about such matters may request a public information interview with the CAMTS site surveyors at the time of the site visit. Requests for public information interviews and the information presented at the interview will be carefully evaluated for relevance to the accreditation process. Requests for public information interviews must be made in writing and sent to CAMTS no later than five business days before the site survey begins. The request should also indicate the nature of the information to be provided during the interview. Such requests should be addressed to:
Office of the Executive Director,
Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems
PO Box 130
Sandy Springs, SC 29677
The Commission will acknowledge such written requests in writing or by telephone and will inform the program of the request for an interview. The program will, in turn, notify the interviewee of the date, time and place of the meeting.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director