NPAS – the UK’s National Police Air Service – have closed two more bases as planned. NPAS Ripley closed, and their EC135 will be the third in the upgrade line at Bond Air Services. The first from that process was displayed at Helitech in October 2015, and the second is currently in progress.
NPAS Sheffield has also closed on schedule, with their MD Explorer moving to NPAS Barton, and the sister ship from that base now parked up pending disposal. NPAS expect to announce in the near future which organisation has won their tender to be responsible for the disposal of one AgustaWestland AW109S and three MD902 Explorers, all of which are now surplus to requirements.
Future base closures are planned at Warton, Wattisham and Durham Tees Valley Airport by the end of March 2017, but these are all dependent on the introduction of the new NPAS fixed-wing Vulcanair P68 aircraft and thus the dates are not yet set in stone.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy