NPAS – the UK’s National Police Air Service – have closed two more bases as planned. NPAS Ripley closed, and their EC135 will be the third in the upgrade line at Bond Air Services. The first from that process was displayed at Helitech in October 2015, and the second is currently in progress.
NPAS Sheffield has also closed on schedule, with their MD Explorer moving to NPAS Barton, and the sister ship from that base now parked up pending disposal. NPAS expect to announce in the near future which organisation has won their tender to be responsible for the disposal of one AgustaWestland AW109S and three MD902 Explorers, all of which are now surplus to requirements.
Future base closures are planned at Warton, Wattisham and Durham Tees Valley Airport by the end of March 2017, but these are all dependent on the introduction of the new NPAS fixed-wing Vulcanair P68 aircraft and thus the dates are not yet set in stone.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support