NPAS – the UK’s National Police Air Service – have closed two more bases as planned. NPAS Ripley closed, and their EC135 will be the third in the upgrade line at Bond Air Services. The first from that process was displayed at Helitech in October 2015, and the second is currently in progress.
NPAS Sheffield has also closed on schedule, with their MD Explorer moving to NPAS Barton, and the sister ship from that base now parked up pending disposal. NPAS expect to announce in the near future which organisation has won their tender to be responsible for the disposal of one AgustaWestland AW109S and three MD902 Explorers, all of which are now surplus to requirements.
Future base closures are planned at Warton, Wattisham and Durham Tees Valley Airport by the end of March 2017, but these are all dependent on the introduction of the new NPAS fixed-wing Vulcanair P68 aircraft and thus the dates are not yet set in stone.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights