Starspeed is delighted to welcome two new members of staff to the team. David Powell joins as a Line Pilot and Tom Lawlor has joined the Operations Team.
David brings 3600 hours of flying to Starspeed and has been a pilot since 1998 when he started flying training with the British Army. He carried out a wide range of roles for HM Forces before leaving the military in 2010. Since then he spent 5 years flying for the police, firstly on EC135 for Surrey/Sussex Constabularies and then for the Metropolitan Police flying EC145. Supporting the London Olympics was one of the highlights of his time with the Met. David carries an EASA CPL(H) with Instrument rating licence and will fly the EC145 and EC155.
Tom is a Fairoaks Airport local and has joined Starspeed after studying Aero Engineering at Farnborough College. Tom gained valuable flying experience through scholarships awarded by the Air Training Corps. This offered a natural transition to helicopters and he is now completing PPL (H) on R44 and plans to go on attain CPL (H)/IR.
“Working within Operations at Starspeed gives me an excellent opportunity to ground my knowledge within the industry and gain a real understanding of the business from both sides of the flight,” says Tom.
“We’re very pleased to welcome David and Tom to the Starspeed team,” says Simon Mitchell, Starspeed’s Managing Director. “It is a positive start to what looks like being another good year for Starspeed.”
Starspeed Ltd is the largest helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently operates 15 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market. It’s the only onshore company to operate the 16-seat S92, heavy helicopter, and has a team of highly experienced pilots who fly exclusively for Starspeed.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program