Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2015 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor, which the company has now received five years in a row, is a result of Maverick Helicopters’ ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety.
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to honor aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to take advantage of initial and recurrent training. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
“We are honored to receive the FAA’s Award of Excellence ‘Diamond Award’ for the fifth year in a row,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “We take maintenance training very seriously at all of Maverick Helicopters’ locations and we are proud of the exceptional work our maintenance department continuously does in order to ensure the safety of our guests.”
In 2015, Maverick Helicopters’ maintenance technicians recorded more than 2,755 hours of training. More than 1,900 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. All of Maverick Helicopters’ eligible maintenance technicians also obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.For more information on Maverick Helicopters, please visit www.flymaverick.com or call 702.405.4300.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, flies more than 200,000 guests annually out of four locations – one in Las Vegas, two in the Grand Canyon and one in Maui, Hawaii. The company operates the largest and youngest fleet of Airbus EC130 ECO-Star helicopters with nearly 50 aircraft and holds the top safety record of any tourism-based aviation company in the world. Maverick Helicopters continuously employs the industry’s top pilots and has received numerous accolades including the Federal Aviation Administration’s Award of Excellence “Diamond Award” 2011-2015; TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” 2011-2015, Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association’s “Best Tour Company” 2010-2015 and many more.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC