Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2015 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor, which the company has now received five years in a row, is a result of Maverick Helicopters’ ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety.
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to honor aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to take advantage of initial and recurrent training. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
“We are honored to receive the FAA’s Award of Excellence ‘Diamond Award’ for the fifth year in a row,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “We take maintenance training very seriously at all of Maverick Helicopters’ locations and we are proud of the exceptional work our maintenance department continuously does in order to ensure the safety of our guests.”
In 2015, Maverick Helicopters’ maintenance technicians recorded more than 2,755 hours of training. More than 1,900 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. All of Maverick Helicopters’ eligible maintenance technicians also obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.For more information on Maverick Helicopters, please visit www.flymaverick.com or call 702.405.4300.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, flies more than 200,000 guests annually out of four locations – one in Las Vegas, two in the Grand Canyon and one in Maui, Hawaii. The company operates the largest and youngest fleet of Airbus EC130 ECO-Star helicopters with nearly 50 aircraft and holds the top safety record of any tourism-based aviation company in the world. Maverick Helicopters continuously employs the industry’s top pilots and has received numerous accolades including the Federal Aviation Administration’s Award of Excellence “Diamond Award” 2011-2015; TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” 2011-2015, Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association’s “Best Tour Company” 2010-2015 and many more.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center