PHI has been working diligently to become an early adopter of the FAA Mandate that requires all Part 135 Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) aircraft to be equipped with a Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) by April 24, 2017. With the large number of Bell 407 aircraft requiring modification, PHI sought the expertise of Pro Star Aviation’s STC ODA, with off-site facilities capabilities, to ensure an expedited STC timeline consistent with the FAA mandate.
PHI, Inc. is one of the world’s leading helicopter services companies. With more than 65 years of safe, reliable helicopter transportation, PHI has flown more hours in more conditions than any civilian helicopter company in the world. PHI offers high quality services to the offshore oil and gas, air medical and technical services industries, with a reach that extends across the United States and the world.
Pro Star Aviation received their Letter of Designation for the FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) in July, 2012. This designation authorizes Pro Star to act on behalf of the FAA when approving and issuing STC’s, enabling them to manage the STC project from start to finish with minimal oversight by the FAA. Since 2012, Pro Star Aviation’s STC ODA designation has given them the authority to participate in more than 10 STC projects, the majority for Satellite Communication Systems, TCAS processors, and Special Missions/ALE modifications.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid