PHI has been working diligently to become an early adopter of the FAA Mandate that requires all Part 135 Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) aircraft to be equipped with a Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) by April 24, 2017. With the large number of Bell 407 aircraft requiring modification, PHI sought the expertise of Pro Star Aviation’s STC ODA, with off-site facilities capabilities, to ensure an expedited STC timeline consistent with the FAA mandate.
PHI, Inc. is one of the world’s leading helicopter services companies. With more than 65 years of safe, reliable helicopter transportation, PHI has flown more hours in more conditions than any civilian helicopter company in the world. PHI offers high quality services to the offshore oil and gas, air medical and technical services industries, with a reach that extends across the United States and the world.
Pro Star Aviation received their Letter of Designation for the FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) in July, 2012. This designation authorizes Pro Star to act on behalf of the FAA when approving and issuing STC’s, enabling them to manage the STC project from start to finish with minimal oversight by the FAA. Since 2012, Pro Star Aviation’s STC ODA designation has given them the authority to participate in more than 10 STC projects, the majority for Satellite Communication Systems, TCAS processors, and Special Missions/ALE modifications.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President