Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, has renewed a longstanding contract for aerial timber harvesting with Vancouver-based Western Forest Products (WFP), one of the largest lumber producers in Canada. This is Erickson’s second timber harvesting contract renewal this year. Last month, the company renewed a separate timber harvesting contract with Helifor in Western Canada.
Under the WFP contract, one S-64 Aircrane will fly in western British Columbia on multiple timber sites. In addition to the helicopter, Erickson will supply pilots, maintenance support crews, parts, and components. The renewed, 12 month contract began on February 1 and is further renewable.
“We are pleased to continue our long standing relationship with Western Forest Products,” said Andy Mills, Erickson’s Vice President of Commercial Aviation Services. “With our capable pilots and reliable crew, the Aircrane is one of the most effective tools for harvesting timber in remote and environmentally sensitive areas.”
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Global Defense and Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksoninc.com.
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter