NHI is pleased to announce the delivery of the sixth NH90 helicopter to the Norwegian Defence Materiel Agency (NDMA).This event took place in Tessera (Italy), Finmeccanica Helicopter Division facility, in presence of Mr Vittorio Della Bella Managing Director of NHIndustries and Colonel Nils Frøisland from Norway. The Helicopter took off today from Tessera.
The delivery of this sonar equipped NH90, marks the end of the first phase of the Norwegian production programme and it joins the NH90 fleet which will commence embarked operations for the Norwegian Coast Guard later this year. The next phase of the programme includes the delivery of six helicopters configured for Anti-Submarine Warfare and two further helicopters configured for Coast Guard operations.
“The Norwegian NH90 is a perfect example of versatility, able to fulfill a wide spectrum of missions with its state of the art mission system tailored to the Norwegian needs, the NH90 has been designed with mission success in mind, and our return on experience is that the NH90 is a tremendous aircraft, appreciated by its crews” added Vittorio Della Bella.
The Norwegian NH90NFH is a maritime helicopter, able to operate in the most demanding conditions by day and night thanks to its state of the art mission system, its De- icing system and its various sensors such as its Electronic Warfare suite, its multimode Radar and its sonic suite.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of rôle equipment. It features a redundant Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced Pilot’s workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The NH90 is proposed in two main variants, one dedicated to naval operations, the NH90NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) and a Tactical Transport Variant for land based operations. As of today, 270 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport variants. They are in service in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by Finmeccanica Helicopter Division (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Fokker Aerostructures (5.5%).
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC
- Student pilot disputes NTSB report
- New rules for helicopter flights in the Everest region
- EHang Further Rebuts Short-Seller’s Allegations Concerning its Relationship with Kunxiang
- Minot AFB already preparing for MH-139A Grey Wolf
- Indonesian Army receive second Bell 412EPI
- Irish Community Rapid Response Air Ambulance reports 2020 stats
- EHang Wins Urban Air Mobility Call from Paris
- Gulf Med Aviation Services to invest in MRO training
- WAI receives $250,000 grant to fund additional scholarships
- Sloane Helicopters ranked in top 40 UK private companies for international sales growth
- Strategic New Appointments At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
- Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of AH-64E Apache
- EHang Joins EU GOF 2.0 Research Project