Owners and operators of Bell UH-1 Iroquois helicopters now can quickly source FAA-approved replacement parts via a EXTEX-sponsored page on the www.uh1ops.com website.
“UH-1 owners and operators can easily access EXTEX aerospace aftermarket (PMA) parts to service their rotorcraft through this collaboration with UH1OPS.com,” said Joseph Tolaro, EXTEX product sales manager.
The Bell UH-1 series Iroquois military helicopter, better known as the “Huey,” is considered the most widely used helicopter in the world, with more than 9,000 of the versatile aircraft produced from the 1950s to the present. More than 600 are registered in the United States and an estimated 3,700 operate worldwide.
EXTEX offers more than 1,600 FAA-approved PMA products. Of these, 80 are Bell airframe parts, including the Bell UH-1, 204, 205, 206, 209 and 212.
EXTEX serves the global aircraft industry with PMA replacement parts, designed to achieve the highest industry standards for performance and availability. The company designs bearings and engine components for commercial and general aviation aircraft, both rotorcraft and fixed wing, and has supplied PMA parts and services since 1996. In addition to Bell platforms, EXTEX makes replacement parts for RR Model 250, T53 APUs, and PT6A/PT6T Model engines. Additionally, more than 3.5 million commercial PMA aftermarket parts that EXTEX has sold have collectively accumulated more than one billion flight hours.
About EXTEX Engineered Products
(NYSE: TKR; www.EXTEX.com) A business unit within Kaman Specialty Bearings and Engineered Products division, EXTEX Engineered Products designs and supplies high-precision, aftermarket aerospace replacement parts for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. Headquartered in Mesa, Arizona, EXTEX focuses on turbine engine, gearbox and helicopter transmission applications for overhaulers and operators around the globe.
Founded in 2014, UH1OPS.com was created for UH-1 owners, operators and maintenance personnel dedicated to sharing information regarding maintenance, regulations and industry issues affecting UH-1 operators. The website offers information beneficial to owners and operators of UH-1 helicopters, including maintenance tips, updates to FAA regulations, vendors for UH-1s and contact information. We thank EXTEX for supporting our efforts in keeping the UH-1, most successful helicopter ever produced, flying safely.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue