Pall Corporation today announced that the PA100 PUREair System engine protection system for Airbus Helicopters’ H125/AS350, and EC130 families of helicopters has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the European Aerospace Safety Agency (EASA).
The next generation PA100 PUREair System, co-developed by Pall Aerospace and DART Aerospace, is a totally redesigned, re-engineered, and retested engine air protection system that takes the capabilities of its predecessors to the next level. Featuring Pall’s latest PUREair vortex tube technology, the new system is self-cleaning and virtually maintenance-free, unlike other filtration systems qualified for this aircraft.
The PA100 PUREair system provides the highest level of helicopter engine protection while offering a 2% gain in engine power over conventional inlet barrier filters and an even greater performance and reliability advantage over legacy sand filter systems allowing for operations with basic performance charts.
The EASA certification joins a list of certifications that includes Canada (TCCA), the United States (FAA), and Brazil (ANAC). The EC130T2 has also been added to the applicability of the STC with TCCA, FAA and ANAC and EASA expected to closely follow the initial STC. The PA100 underwent snow trials in Canada in November 2015 to add full clearance for falling and blowing snow operations which is included in the EASA STC.
“We are extremely pleased to have the EASA STC for the PA100 and have many customers waiting eagerly to adopt the PA100.” Commented Steve Simpson, Director of Marketing for Europe. “We are also working closely with Airbus Helicopters to make this available as a first fit option due to its superior performance over legacy Sand Filter systems.”
The 4th generation PA100 system uses the latest advances in Pall Aerospace technology including 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized system design and innovative nano-material technologies. PUREair Vortex Systems enhance operations in all weather conditions, including snow, heavy rain, and salt spray.
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industrial manufacturing. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The Company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation serves customers worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.pall.com
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum