Pall Corporation today announced that the PA100 PUREair System engine protection system for Airbus Helicopters’ H125/AS350, and EC130 families of helicopters has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the European Aerospace Safety Agency (EASA).
The next generation PA100 PUREair System, co-developed by Pall Aerospace and DART Aerospace, is a totally redesigned, re-engineered, and retested engine air protection system that takes the capabilities of its predecessors to the next level. Featuring Pall’s latest PUREair vortex tube technology, the new system is self-cleaning and virtually maintenance-free, unlike other filtration systems qualified for this aircraft.
The PA100 PUREair system provides the highest level of helicopter engine protection while offering a 2% gain in engine power over conventional inlet barrier filters and an even greater performance and reliability advantage over legacy sand filter systems allowing for operations with basic performance charts.
The EASA certification joins a list of certifications that includes Canada (TCCA), the United States (FAA), and Brazil (ANAC). The EC130T2 has also been added to the applicability of the STC with TCCA, FAA and ANAC and EASA expected to closely follow the initial STC. The PA100 underwent snow trials in Canada in November 2015 to add full clearance for falling and blowing snow operations which is included in the EASA STC.
“We are extremely pleased to have the EASA STC for the PA100 and have many customers waiting eagerly to adopt the PA100.” Commented Steve Simpson, Director of Marketing for Europe. “We are also working closely with Airbus Helicopters to make this available as a first fit option due to its superior performance over legacy Sand Filter systems.”
The 4th generation PA100 system uses the latest advances in Pall Aerospace technology including 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized system design and innovative nano-material technologies. PUREair Vortex Systems enhance operations in all weather conditions, including snow, heavy rain, and salt spray.
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industrial manufacturing. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The Company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation serves customers worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.pall.com
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award