Rockwell Collins has delivered its first RTA-4100 MultiScanTM Weather Radar to KAI for the medevac variant of the Korean Utility Helicopter. This is the first selection of the new RTA-4100 Weather Radar with enhanced surface search modes in the Asia-Pacific region.
“Our RTA-4100 MultiScan Weather Radar will provide enhanced safety and mission capability during the highly adverse weather conditions in which the KUH helicopter will be required to operate while performing its critical emergency medical evacuation missions,” said Jim Walker, vice president and manager director, Asia Pacific, for Rockwell Collins.
The RTA-4100 MultiScan Weather Radar’s automatic tilt and gain management reduces crew workload over conventional weather radar systems by automatically reducing ground clutter ensuring comprehensive detection and display of weather related hazards.
In addition, the solid-state RTA-4100 offers the highest reliability of any weather radar in its class with substantially reduced size, weight and power. The RTA-4100 features advanced modes for maritime search operations. This combined with enhanced shoreline depictions ensures accurate and timely recovery/transport during critical medical emergencies.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform