Rockwell Collins has delivered its first RTA-4100 MultiScanTM Weather Radar to KAI for the medevac variant of the Korean Utility Helicopter. This is the first selection of the new RTA-4100 Weather Radar with enhanced surface search modes in the Asia-Pacific region.
“Our RTA-4100 MultiScan Weather Radar will provide enhanced safety and mission capability during the highly adverse weather conditions in which the KUH helicopter will be required to operate while performing its critical emergency medical evacuation missions,” said Jim Walker, vice president and manager director, Asia Pacific, for Rockwell Collins.
The RTA-4100 MultiScan Weather Radar’s automatic tilt and gain management reduces crew workload over conventional weather radar systems by automatically reducing ground clutter ensuring comprehensive detection and display of weather related hazards.
In addition, the solid-state RTA-4100 offers the highest reliability of any weather radar in its class with substantially reduced size, weight and power. The RTA-4100 features advanced modes for maritime search operations. This combined with enhanced shoreline depictions ensures accurate and timely recovery/transport during critical medical emergencies.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters