Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, is partnering with Sterlite Grid to install nearly 160 power transmission towers in the challenging terrain of the Pir Panjal mountain range in northern India using Erickson’s S64 Aircrane. The initiative will be the first time transmission lines are constructed utilizing a precision heavy lift helicopter in India.
Sterlite Grid, India’s largest private developer of independent power transmission systems expects to complete the transmission network between the Indian states of Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir nearly 10 months ahead of schedule utilizing Erickson’s aerial expertise in setting transmission towers. The work is set to commence in mid-2016.
Sterlite Grid is building ~ 450 kilometers of transmission lines and 400 220-kilovolt gas insulated substations (GIS) in Amargarh. To complete this line, nearly 1,150 towers will have to be erected in some of the most challenging terrains of Pir Panjal in the inner Himalayan region.
Erickson will assist Sterlite Grid by flying materials and steel as well as utilizing the Aircrane’s high precision lift capability to erect the towers along the powerline. The work will be performed at altitudes between 9,000 and 12,500 feet in a remote region of the Himalayas. Erickson has 40 years of experience building transmission towers utilizing the Aircrane in similarly remote and austere environments.
“We, at Sterlite Grid, are committed to the nation’s vision to electrify every home in a time-bound manner. We strongly believe innovation and cutting-edge technologies will be the key driver to achieve faster growth. We are glad to introduce a global leader like Erickson to the potential of India’s infrastructure sector and look forward to working with the company on future projects,” said Pratik Agarwal, Vice Chairman, Sterlite Power Grid Ventures Limited.
“Erickson is excited to have been awarded this strategic contract in India by Sterlite Grid. India is a large market for Erickson and we believe we can offer a competitive advantage in the construction of infrastructure projects in the country. As a business, we are pivoting towards long-term, infrastructure projects in the emerging and developing markets. We are looking forward to building a long-term relationship with Sterlite Grid and India,” said Jeff Roberts, Erickson President and CEO.
About Sterlite Grid
Sterlite Power Grid Ventures Limited is a subsidiary of Pune-headquartered Sterlite Technologies Limited (BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH). In a short span, Delhi-based Sterlite Grid has built a strong portfolio of eight projects spanning nearly 6,000 Circuit Km, entailing an investment of ~ Rs 10,000 Crore. It owns and operates ~ 3,200 Circuit Km, under four of the operating projects, across eight states in India. It is also the first Indian developer to deploy aerial technologies such as LiDAR survey and helicopter-aided construction in India, reducing the commissioning time.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Global Defence and Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksoninc.com.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey