FlightSafety International and Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, announce that training for Sikorsky S-76C+™ and S-76C++™ helicopters will be offered in Singapore starting in March 2016.
A wide variety of training services will be provided using a new FlightSafety FS1000™ simulator. It will be qualified to Level D by the United States Federal Aviation Administration prior to the start of training.
“Offering training for Sikorsky S-76C+ and S-76C++ helicopters in Singapore demonstrates FlightSafety’s ongoing commitment to provide Sikorsky helicopter operators in Asia with the highest quality training using advanced technology simulators that are qualified to the highest standard,” said David Davenport, Executive Vice President.
“Sikorsky and FlightSafety are committed to the continued investment of advanced support solutions for operators of S-76C+ and C++ helicopters in Asia. This new simulator in Singapore marks another milestone towards this endeavor”, said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Vice President for Asia.
The simulator is equipped with FlightSafety’s Vital 1100™ visual system, CrewView™ collimated glass mirror display, and electric motion control loading and cueing.
The unprecedented fidelity offered by VITAL 1100 visual system includes photo-realistic, highly-detailed mission specific imagery that incorporates latest terrain information with geo-specific satellite images. Training benefits also include a Whole-Earth environment and worldwide database.
CrewView glass mirror displays deliver unprecedented simulation training fidelity, the greatest level of realism with superior optical performance, and sharper image clarity. Its modular design produces fields of view up to 300 degrees horizontally that provide significant improvements in situational awareness by filling the entire aircraft window.
FlightSafety is proud to have served as a factory authorized training provider for Sikorsky since 1983. In addition to offering training in Singapore, it is available at FlightSafety’s Learning Centers in Dallas, Texas; Lafayette, Louisiana; Stavanger, Norway: West Palm Beach, Florida; and at the Farnborough Airport in the United Kingdom.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment