FlightSafety International and Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, announce that training for Sikorsky S-76C+™ and S-76C++™ helicopters will be offered in Singapore starting in March 2016.
A wide variety of training services will be provided using a new FlightSafety FS1000™ simulator. It will be qualified to Level D by the United States Federal Aviation Administration prior to the start of training.
“Offering training for Sikorsky S-76C+ and S-76C++ helicopters in Singapore demonstrates FlightSafety’s ongoing commitment to provide Sikorsky helicopter operators in Asia with the highest quality training using advanced technology simulators that are qualified to the highest standard,” said David Davenport, Executive Vice President.
“Sikorsky and FlightSafety are committed to the continued investment of advanced support solutions for operators of S-76C+ and C++ helicopters in Asia. This new simulator in Singapore marks another milestone towards this endeavor”, said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Vice President for Asia.
The simulator is equipped with FlightSafety’s Vital 1100™ visual system, CrewView™ collimated glass mirror display, and electric motion control loading and cueing.
The unprecedented fidelity offered by VITAL 1100 visual system includes photo-realistic, highly-detailed mission specific imagery that incorporates latest terrain information with geo-specific satellite images. Training benefits also include a Whole-Earth environment and worldwide database.
CrewView glass mirror displays deliver unprecedented simulation training fidelity, the greatest level of realism with superior optical performance, and sharper image clarity. Its modular design produces fields of view up to 300 degrees horizontally that provide significant improvements in situational awareness by filling the entire aircraft window.
FlightSafety is proud to have served as a factory authorized training provider for Sikorsky since 1983. In addition to offering training in Singapore, it is available at FlightSafety’s Learning Centers in Dallas, Texas; Lafayette, Louisiana; Stavanger, Norway: West Palm Beach, Florida; and at the Farnborough Airport in the United Kingdom.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit