AAR, an industry-leading provider of aviation aftermarket services and nose-to-tail solutions for commercial airlines, original equipment manufacturers and governments, announces Wednesday at the Singapore Airshow it has been selected by Vision Systems, a market leader in solar protection solutions, to integrate Electronically Dimmable Windows (EDW) solutions for retrofit programs in Asia, Middle East, Africa and North America.
Media are invited to attend a signing ceremony Wednesday, Feb. 17 at 12:30 p.m. at AAR’s Booth No. S01. Executives from both companies will be on hand to answer questions about the partnership, the science behind the dimming technology, and the benefits, including lower maintenance costs, downtime and air conditioning consumption.
The EDW developed by Vision Systems is based on Suspended Particle Device (SPD) technology used to enhance passengers’ experience by improving visual and thermal comfort. The windows’ sleek, elegant design and their capacity to block heat and noise convey a peaceful, spacious and cooler atmosphere as passengers enter the cabin. Once seated, passengers can regulate daylight, glare and heat entering the aircraft by dimming their window to any level from clear to dark, or set a dark mode if they wish to sleep.
The technology blocks more than 99.9 percent of harmful UV light, which protects the interior from fading. It can be applied to flat or curved surfaces (2D, 3D), plastic or composite glass. The EDW solutions come as a whole to replace the entire inside window including the casing and the dust panel. The EDWs are already installed in Dassault F5X (skylight), Epic E1000, Airbus Helicopters H175, RUAG’s refurbished Falcon 900 and HondaJet HA-420. There are currently several new projects under way, especially on commercial aircraft.
“Vision Systems’ Electronically Dimmable Windows use technology to create common-sense creature comforts that enhance passenger experience and, at the same time, enable airlines to reinforce their brand and improve customer satisfaction, leading to customer loyalty and retention,” said Michael Leung, Managing Director, AAR Engineering Services-Asia. “AAR is pleased to partner with an innovator such as Vision Systems who, like AAR through our interior modifications, upgrades and installation of world-class cabin solutions, is raising the bar on the passenger experience.”
Other AAR executives expected to be at the booth include:
John Holmes, Chief Operating Officer, Aviation Services
Rahul Shah, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Growth & Business Development Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
Deepak Sharma, President of International Supply Chain
Colin Gregory, Vice President of Sales, Singapore
Chris Jessup, AAR’s Chief Commercial Officer
AAR is a global aftermarket solutions company that employs more than 4,500 people in over 20 countries. Based in Wood Dale, Illinois, AAR supports commercial aviation and government customers through two operating segments: Aviation Services and Expeditionary Services. AAR’s Aviation Services include inventory management; parts supply; OEM parts distribution; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; and component repair. AAR’s Expeditionary Services include airlift operations; mobility systems; and command and control centers in support of military and humanitarian missions. More information can be found at www.aarcorp.com.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award