AAR, an industry-leading provider of aviation aftermarket services and nose-to-tail solutions for commercial airlines, original equipment manufacturers and governments, announces Wednesday at the Singapore Airshow it has been selected by Vision Systems, a market leader in solar protection solutions, to integrate Electronically Dimmable Windows (EDW) solutions for retrofit programs in Asia, Middle East, Africa and North America.
Media are invited to attend a signing ceremony Wednesday, Feb. 17 at 12:30 p.m. at AAR’s Booth No. S01. Executives from both companies will be on hand to answer questions about the partnership, the science behind the dimming technology, and the benefits, including lower maintenance costs, downtime and air conditioning consumption.
The EDW developed by Vision Systems is based on Suspended Particle Device (SPD) technology used to enhance passengers’ experience by improving visual and thermal comfort. The windows’ sleek, elegant design and their capacity to block heat and noise convey a peaceful, spacious and cooler atmosphere as passengers enter the cabin. Once seated, passengers can regulate daylight, glare and heat entering the aircraft by dimming their window to any level from clear to dark, or set a dark mode if they wish to sleep.
The technology blocks more than 99.9 percent of harmful UV light, which protects the interior from fading. It can be applied to flat or curved surfaces (2D, 3D), plastic or composite glass. The EDW solutions come as a whole to replace the entire inside window including the casing and the dust panel. The EDWs are already installed in Dassault F5X (skylight), Epic E1000, Airbus Helicopters H175, RUAG’s refurbished Falcon 900 and HondaJet HA-420. There are currently several new projects under way, especially on commercial aircraft.
“Vision Systems’ Electronically Dimmable Windows use technology to create common-sense creature comforts that enhance passenger experience and, at the same time, enable airlines to reinforce their brand and improve customer satisfaction, leading to customer loyalty and retention,” said Michael Leung, Managing Director, AAR Engineering Services-Asia. “AAR is pleased to partner with an innovator such as Vision Systems who, like AAR through our interior modifications, upgrades and installation of world-class cabin solutions, is raising the bar on the passenger experience.”
Other AAR executives expected to be at the booth include:
John Holmes, Chief Operating Officer, Aviation Services
Rahul Shah, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Growth & Business Development Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
Deepak Sharma, President of International Supply Chain
Colin Gregory, Vice President of Sales, Singapore
Chris Jessup, AAR’s Chief Commercial Officer
AAR is a global aftermarket solutions company that employs more than 4,500 people in over 20 countries. Based in Wood Dale, Illinois, AAR supports commercial aviation and government customers through two operating segments: Aviation Services and Expeditionary Services. AAR’s Aviation Services include inventory management; parts supply; OEM parts distribution; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; and component repair. AAR’s Expeditionary Services include airlift operations; mobility systems; and command and control centers in support of military and humanitarian missions. More information can be found at www.aarcorp.com.
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO