Blue Hawaiian Helicopters today announced it received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Award of Excellence ‘Diamond Award’ for the 17th time. The Hawaii-based helicopter tour operator was presented this accolade in recognition of its maintenance technicians and advanced training.
“We are incredibly proud of our maintainers’ dedication to safety and quality,” said Gregg Lundberg, president of Blue Hawaiian. “A great deal of training goes into achieving this prestigious recognition and it fully supports our organization’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) program.”
Blue Hawaiian Helicopter’s maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,002 hours of training in 2015. Nearly 1,200 hours were through Blue Hawaiian Helicopter’s comprehensive in-house programs, while the remaining 1,809 hours were through external and factory programs such as Mega Conference, Turbomeca, Aviall, and the FAA. In addition, all of the company’s maintenance technicians were further recognized with individual awards through in-house, external, and factory training.
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters recently joined Sundance Helicopters in Las Vegas, Nevada, as part of the Air Methods tourism division—both designated as subsidiaries to Air Methods—making it the largest provider of helicopter tours in the world. For more information on Blue Hawaiian, please contact (800) 745-BLUE or go to www.BlueHawaiian.com. Follow Blue Hawaiian Helicopters on Facebook or on Twitter @bluehawaiianheli.
About Blue Hawaiian Helicopters According to National Geographic, Blue Hawaiian is “Hawaii’s premier helicopter tour company.” Frommer’s Guide to Hawaii has given Blue Hawaiian its rare “Recommended” rating every year since 1996, and calls Blue, “The Cadillac of helicopter tour companies.” Every year since 1998, Blue Hawaiian’s maintenance technicians have earned the FAA’s coveted “Diamond Certificate of Excellence,” which no other helicopter tour company in Hawaii has earned even once. Blue Hawaiian has been Hawaii’s air-tour leader since its founding in 1985. For information and reservations, call (800) 745-BLUE or visit www.BlueHawaiian.com.
About Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) Air Methods is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology including aircraft completion services. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream