Blue Hawaiian Helicopters today announced it received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Award of Excellence ‘Diamond Award’ for the 17th time. The Hawaii-based helicopter tour operator was presented this accolade in recognition of its maintenance technicians and advanced training.
“We are incredibly proud of our maintainers’ dedication to safety and quality,” said Gregg Lundberg, president of Blue Hawaiian. “A great deal of training goes into achieving this prestigious recognition and it fully supports our organization’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) program.”
Blue Hawaiian Helicopter’s maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,002 hours of training in 2015. Nearly 1,200 hours were through Blue Hawaiian Helicopter’s comprehensive in-house programs, while the remaining 1,809 hours were through external and factory programs such as Mega Conference, Turbomeca, Aviall, and the FAA. In addition, all of the company’s maintenance technicians were further recognized with individual awards through in-house, external, and factory training.
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters recently joined Sundance Helicopters in Las Vegas, Nevada, as part of the Air Methods tourism division—both designated as subsidiaries to Air Methods—making it the largest provider of helicopter tours in the world. For more information on Blue Hawaiian, please contact (800) 745-BLUE or go to www.BlueHawaiian.com. Follow Blue Hawaiian Helicopters on Facebook or on Twitter @bluehawaiianheli.
About Blue Hawaiian Helicopters According to National Geographic, Blue Hawaiian is “Hawaii’s premier helicopter tour company.” Frommer’s Guide to Hawaii has given Blue Hawaiian its rare “Recommended” rating every year since 1996, and calls Blue, “The Cadillac of helicopter tour companies.” Every year since 1998, Blue Hawaiian’s maintenance technicians have earned the FAA’s coveted “Diamond Certificate of Excellence,” which no other helicopter tour company in Hawaii has earned even once. Blue Hawaiian has been Hawaii’s air-tour leader since its founding in 1985. For information and reservations, call (800) 745-BLUE or visit www.BlueHawaiian.com.
About Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) Air Methods is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology including aircraft completion services. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines