Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a purchase agreement for two Bell 429s for delivery to the Indonesian National Police. As the official police force for Indonesia, the aircraft will support the law enforcement activities and will contribute to the safety, accessibility, sustainability and security of the region.
The aircraft were signed for at the Singapore Airshow during a formal signing ceremony.
“The selection of the Bell 429 will help improve the Indonesian Police’s support capability to ensure the safety, security and protection of the area,” said Damos Nasution, president of Multi Pacific. “Given the conditions we operate in, the performance capabilities of this aircraft fit our mission needs.”
The Bell 429 is in service today with customers around the world including Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. There are more than 30 Bell 429s operating across the Asia Pacific region, and the Indonesian National Police is now part of a growing list of parapublic agencies that are placing their trust in the Bell 429.
“We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the Indonesian Police, and have been proud to support the Bell 206 aircraft in their current fleet,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director, Asia Pacific. “The Bell 429 will continue to not only support their current efforts, but provide them with the expanded capabilities, added safety and increased flexibility needed to serve the region.”
With seating for seven passengers and one pilot, the Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class SBAS/WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager