Wednesday 17th February marked a significant milestone for the Puma Force as they reached a staggering 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2.
The extensively upgraded helicopter declared Initial Operating Capability in February 2015 and just over three weeks later deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation TORAL; the ongoing NATO training and support mission. Today the Puma Force reached the collective total of 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2 helicopter.
Declaring Full Operating Capability in early January 2016, the Puma Force has maintained a continual readiness for contingency operations and a national standby commitment alongside the ongoing Afghanistan deployment, emphasising their key contribution to Defence. The Operation TORAL aviation detachment alone lifted more than 15,000 passengers and over 36,000 kgs of freight during 2015.
Group Captain Simon Paterson, the Puma Force Commander and RAF Benson Station Commander, said: “The achievement of 10,000 flying hours since the introduction of the Puma 2 helicopter capability highlights the remarkable commitment and excellent teamwork by the squadron personnel, the project team, industry and others. To achieve this alongside a continuous detachment in Afghanistan has been exceptional and reinforces the importance of support helicopter capabilities to Defence.”
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report