Wednesday 17th February marked a significant milestone for the Puma Force as they reached a staggering 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2.
The extensively upgraded helicopter declared Initial Operating Capability in February 2015 and just over three weeks later deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation TORAL; the ongoing NATO training and support mission. Today the Puma Force reached the collective total of 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2 helicopter.
Declaring Full Operating Capability in early January 2016, the Puma Force has maintained a continual readiness for contingency operations and a national standby commitment alongside the ongoing Afghanistan deployment, emphasising their key contribution to Defence. The Operation TORAL aviation detachment alone lifted more than 15,000 passengers and over 36,000 kgs of freight during 2015.
Group Captain Simon Paterson, the Puma Force Commander and RAF Benson Station Commander, said: “The achievement of 10,000 flying hours since the introduction of the Puma 2 helicopter capability highlights the remarkable commitment and excellent teamwork by the squadron personnel, the project team, industry and others. To achieve this alongside a continuous detachment in Afghanistan has been exceptional and reinforces the importance of support helicopter capabilities to Defence.”
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit