Wednesday 17th February marked a significant milestone for the Puma Force as they reached a staggering 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2.
The extensively upgraded helicopter declared Initial Operating Capability in February 2015 and just over three weeks later deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation TORAL; the ongoing NATO training and support mission. Today the Puma Force reached the collective total of 10,000 flying hours for the Puma 2 helicopter.
Declaring Full Operating Capability in early January 2016, the Puma Force has maintained a continual readiness for contingency operations and a national standby commitment alongside the ongoing Afghanistan deployment, emphasising their key contribution to Defence. The Operation TORAL aviation detachment alone lifted more than 15,000 passengers and over 36,000 kgs of freight during 2015.
Group Captain Simon Paterson, the Puma Force Commander and RAF Benson Station Commander, said: “The achievement of 10,000 flying hours since the introduction of the Puma 2 helicopter capability highlights the remarkable commitment and excellent teamwork by the squadron personnel, the project team, industry and others. To achieve this alongside a continuous detachment in Afghanistan has been exceptional and reinforces the importance of support helicopter capabilities to Defence.”
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Leonardo provides update on AW609 tiltrotor training
- MD completes all required tests for MD530F MGTOW Increase to 3,350 Pounds
- Rotortrade reports on 2019 activity
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- Leonardo to acquire Kopter
- MD offers Glass Cockpit Solutions for MD500E and MD520N
- Heli-One develops new H225 mods
- IOGP oil & gas companies commit to joint project with HeliOffshore
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- LCI charts 2020 growth with new partnerships
- MD Helicopters Capitalizes on Joint Operational Capability to Improve Production Processes
- Universal Avionics InSight™ Display System Selected for MD Explorer
- Keith Mullett joins HeliOffshore Board
- Universal Avionics SkyVis™ Selected for new German H215s
- Universal Avionics Introduces Latest in ‘Fly by Sight’ Flight Deck Concept
- MD to Feature Fresno Sheriff MD530F and MD530G Block II at Heli-Expo 2020
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139