The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce that a record-breaking number of 28 scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2016, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry.
Last year, with the generous support from aviation companies – including Agricultural Air Services, Air Evac Lifeteam, Airbus Helicopters, Inc., Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc., Bell Helicopter, Erickson Incorporated, FlightSafety International Inc., Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., Western Helicopters Inc., and Helicopter Association International (HAI) – the Whirly-Girls awarded a record breaking number of 14 scholarships at their 60th Diamond Anniversary Celebration during HAI’s Heli-Expo in Orlando, Florida.
This year, joining the ranks of prestigious scholarship sponsors for the 2016 scholarship season are Guidance Aviation, Bristow Group, Oregon Aero, Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and Antipodean Aviation.
“It has truly been an incredible year and we are so pleased with how quickly the scholarship program has grown,” says Colleen Chen, Vice President of Scholarships. “With the support and generosity of these amazing companies, our scholarship program has doubled in the last year. We now offer a spectrum of 28 diverse scholarship opportunities to our members. These scholarships can not only change the lives of the recipients, but also encourage other women to pursue careers in the helicopter industry. In the long term we hope these scholarships will not only allow awardees to pursue their career goals and dreams, but also inspire them to give back.”
The scholarships will be awarded at Hilton Garden Inn in Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 28 at 6:30 pm during their Annual Awards Banquet. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
Whirly-Girls International is a non-profit, educational, and charitable organization dedicated to advancing women in the helicopter aviation industry. The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. (“WGSF”) was incorporated in 1974 to oversee and administer the scholarship funds raised by the Whirly-Girls and their Auxiliaries, and is a federally tax exempt 501(c)(3) public charity. Initiated in 1968, the scholarship program has grown from a single $500 scholarship to a wide range of training and development scholarships valued in excess of $150,000.For more information on Whirly-Girls International and Whirly-Girls scholarships, please visit www.whirlygirls.org or contact Colleen Chen at [email protected]
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129