Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an EASA STC data package for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 helicopter short and long nose variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the TrakkaBeam A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU) and Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via a new model DZUS mounted NVG compliant TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes an IR and Amber filter option and all the interfaces for slaving the TrakkaBeam A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Airgreen in Italy and EASA Part 21J and 21G UK based Engineering Authority Phoenix Aerospace for the trial installation and certification. The installation comes with an EASA From 1 and utilizes the existing searchlight mount hard points for the new style mount, while integrating the PCIU into the aft avionics bay allowing for easy installation for a new or retrofit equipment. For more information please contact Trakka directly or see us at the HAI booth #12351.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation