FEC Heliports Worldwide Ltd is pleased to announce that their HEMS-Star portable battery powered LED helipad lighting system has achieved CE certification for the European Union with FCC certification for operation in the USA pending.
The HEMS-Star® Helipad Light is a battery powered, microprocessor controlled light designed for rapid deployment in temporary and emergency situations to provide safe and effective marking at designated or ad-hoc helicopter landing areas.
The FCC Certification is a declaration of conformity that certain electronic devices sold in the USA meets stringent requirements, whilst the CE certification is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product meets the requirements of EC directives.
Fraser MacKay, Commercial Director at FEC Heliports Worldwide, said, “We are very proud to announce that we have achieved full CE certification for HEMS-Star and await FCC Declaration of Conformity to follow Feb 2016. It is an important milestone in the development of our global standard.”
Each HEMS-Star is capable of showing, at programmable intensities, red, blue, green, white visible LED’s and infra-red or a combination of a visible colour and infra-red to support pilots wearing Night Vision Goggles (NVG’s).
The HEMS-Star can be easily programmed to flash warning, location beacon or Morse Code and has the ability to detect light levels for automatic sunset and sunrise switching.
Portable in cases of 4 or 8 lights and rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, vehicles at 13.5-28VDC, solar or wind power.
HEMS-Stars are pilot control enabled and fitted with an 868 MHz (915 MHz in USA) UHF transceiver to enable each individual light or set of lights to be programmed, interrogated and controlled by wireless commands. Using this function, HEMS-Stars can be switched on from the aircraft using a Remote Lighting Controller or using a PC/Tablet with the Zulu “dongle” transceiver with USB connector provided with each case. Wireless can set up, test and control groups of lights via the UHF transceiver operational up to 2km away (UK/EU Version). USA version to be confirmed.
HEMS-Star is an IP65 rated light fitted with rubber soled stainless steel base to ensure stability under the toughest rotor-wash conditions and has been successfully tested at the Sikorsky Development Flight Center (DFC) in Florida for stability under the rotor wash of a CH-147 (Chinook).
Recently demonstrated at AMTC, Helitech and the Air Ambulance Association Conference, the “HEMS-Star” is in use at more than 30 helicopter EMS sites in the UK as well as in USA, Russia, UAE and Japan.
HEMS-Star will be demonstrated on the FEC Stand at HAI Heli-Expo from1st March, 2016 to 3rd March 2016 Kentucky, USA – Stand Number 9139
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award