Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is highlighting its broad range of customer-focused support solutions at the HAI Heli-Expo 2016 helicopter trade show & exposition being held in Louisville, KY, this week (March 1-3).
One of the highlights of Vector’s booth (# 7556) is an Airbus Helicopters AS350 AStar fuselage display which emphasizes Vector’s extensive capabilities on the best-selling H125/AS350 and H130/EC130 single-engine helicopter family, including a newly developed crash-resistant fuel tank retrofit solution for the AS350 and EC130.
Designed in co-operation with Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, this direct replacement primary fuel tank features a number of important safety enhancements, including the introduction of all-new modernized fuel retention technology and the strategic relocation of certain critical components to further enhance safety and ease of maintenance. Vector is also working closely with Onboard Systems to ensure that the new retrofittable AS350/EC130 crash-resistant fuel tank remains compatible with Onboard’s industry-proven cargo swing solutions for the AStar family.
“The combination of Vector Aerospace’s engineering expertise and Robertson’s extensive experience in fuel system development allows us to offer a new lightweight, low-cost composite technology fuel tank which enhances operational safety, ease of maintenance and installation applicable to the AS350/EC130 aircraft market,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development at Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America. “We are excited to be working with Robertson Fuel Systems to obtain FAA and EASA STC certification for this cost-effective retrofittable fuel tank solution.”
Robertson Fuel System’s CEO, Newman Shufflebarger, echoed Mr. Moniz’s comments: “Robertson is the global leader in crash-resistant and self-sealing fuel systems for the U.S. military, with more than 40 years of experience developing, designing and producing fuel systems. This civilian primary fuel system is an important new direction for us. We are delighted to collaborate with Vector in bringing this crash-resistant fuel tank to market. We are confident this new product will enhance the safety and serviceability of the AS350.”
In addition to the newly designed crash-resistant fuel tank, Vector’s other capabilities on the H125/AS350 and H130/EC130 family being showcased at Heli-Expo include its D-Level repairs with Airbus Helicopters’ certified fixtures, its quick turn-time 12-year inspections, its AS350 BA to B2 conversions, its full airframe rewiring capabilities, and its broad spectrum of avionics upgrades for the type.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter capabilities and to view the new AS350/EC130 retrofittable crash-resistant fuel tank solution, please visit us at Booth # 7556.
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)