Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it is in the process of developing a new FAA-certified ADS-B Out solution for the popular Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 medium twin rotorcraft.
Vector’s ADS-B Out solution for the AW139 utilizes an L-3 Avionics Systems Lynx 1090 MHz Mode S ES transponder, installed either via a new center console control panel or on the aircraft’s existing instrument panel. This ADS-B Out solution, which is expected to receive supplemental type certification (STC) from the U.S. FAA and Brazilian ANAC airworthiness authorities in June 2016, will provide air traffic controllers with accurate, real-time aircraft position information, enhancing operational safety in congested airspace.
Vector has already received an order for seven of its AW139 ADS-B Out kits, with another order for seven additional kits pending.
“This new STC development is an example of our expertise and flexibility when it comes to developing avionics solutions to meet our customer’s unique needs,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President Rotary-Wing Sales at Vector Aerospace. “Vector is pleased to offer this new product to the marketplace to meet demand from operators for lower cost solutions, especially in today’s challenging economic conditions.”
Vector Aerospace’s world-renowned avionics capabilities utilize the latest technology to provide quality rewires, new installations, STC installations, refits and avionics upgrades. Our platform capabilities include the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130 and H215/AS332 Super Puma series, Bell Helicopter models including the Bell 205, 206, 212 and 407, and the Sikorsky S-61 and S-76. Our specialist avionics technicians support a wide range of operators across the private, commercial and military sectors, and are available to provide worldwide field support 24/7.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter avionics capabilities, please visit us at Booth # 7556 during HAI Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville, KY.
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders