Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it is in the process of developing a new FAA-certified ADS-B Out solution for the popular Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 medium twin rotorcraft.
Vector’s ADS-B Out solution for the AW139 utilizes an L-3 Avionics Systems Lynx 1090 MHz Mode S ES transponder, installed either via a new center console control panel or on the aircraft’s existing instrument panel. This ADS-B Out solution, which is expected to receive supplemental type certification (STC) from the U.S. FAA and Brazilian ANAC airworthiness authorities in June 2016, will provide air traffic controllers with accurate, real-time aircraft position information, enhancing operational safety in congested airspace.
Vector has already received an order for seven of its AW139 ADS-B Out kits, with another order for seven additional kits pending.
“This new STC development is an example of our expertise and flexibility when it comes to developing avionics solutions to meet our customer’s unique needs,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President Rotary-Wing Sales at Vector Aerospace. “Vector is pleased to offer this new product to the marketplace to meet demand from operators for lower cost solutions, especially in today’s challenging economic conditions.”
Vector Aerospace’s world-renowned avionics capabilities utilize the latest technology to provide quality rewires, new installations, STC installations, refits and avionics upgrades. Our platform capabilities include the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130 and H215/AS332 Super Puma series, Bell Helicopter models including the Bell 205, 206, 212 and 407, and the Sikorsky S-61 and S-76. Our specialist avionics technicians support a wide range of operators across the private, commercial and military sectors, and are available to provide worldwide field support 24/7.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter avionics capabilities, please visit us at Booth # 7556 during HAI Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville, KY.
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- ASESA strengthens helicopter fleet in Mexico
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- China approves Coptersafety simulators
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- Victoria Police to replace Dauphins with AW139s
- LCI completes AW139 transition with Elitaliana
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Bristow Caribbean marks 30,000 hour milestone in AW139 fleet
- CHC implements real-time HUMS
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Aramco signs AW139 fleet renewal deal
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- TAL Reveals New AW139s
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139