Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it is in the process of developing a new FAA-certified ADS-B Out solution for the popular Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 medium twin rotorcraft.
Vector’s ADS-B Out solution for the AW139 utilizes an L-3 Avionics Systems Lynx 1090 MHz Mode S ES transponder, installed either via a new center console control panel or on the aircraft’s existing instrument panel. This ADS-B Out solution, which is expected to receive supplemental type certification (STC) from the U.S. FAA and Brazilian ANAC airworthiness authorities in June 2016, will provide air traffic controllers with accurate, real-time aircraft position information, enhancing operational safety in congested airspace.
Vector has already received an order for seven of its AW139 ADS-B Out kits, with another order for seven additional kits pending.
“This new STC development is an example of our expertise and flexibility when it comes to developing avionics solutions to meet our customer’s unique needs,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President Rotary-Wing Sales at Vector Aerospace. “Vector is pleased to offer this new product to the marketplace to meet demand from operators for lower cost solutions, especially in today’s challenging economic conditions.”
Vector Aerospace’s world-renowned avionics capabilities utilize the latest technology to provide quality rewires, new installations, STC installations, refits and avionics upgrades. Our platform capabilities include the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130 and H215/AS332 Super Puma series, Bell Helicopter models including the Bell 205, 206, 212 and 407, and the Sikorsky S-61 and S-76. Our specialist avionics technicians support a wide range of operators across the private, commercial and military sectors, and are available to provide worldwide field support 24/7.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter avionics capabilities, please visit us at Booth # 7556 during HAI Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville, KY.
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.