Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce it has signed a multi-year agreement with Eagle Copters Ltd. to provide repair, overhaul, testing, modification, and other services as required on Eagle Copter’s Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T power sections and combining gearboxes.
“We are pleased to select Vector as our official PT6T engine MRO provider over the next five years,” said J.C. Blandin, VP, Asset Management at Eagle Copters. “Vector’s proven track record of producing quality products, competitive pricing and quick turn times, coupled with their excellent technical and customer service makes us confident that they will meet our requirements throughout this contract.”
“As a certified DDOF repair and overhaul center for P&WC for over 25 years, we have extensive experience in servicing the PT6T engine platform and we’re committed to exceeding Eagle Copter’s service expectations,” said Eric Hicks, Regional Sales Director, Vector Aerospace. “We are pleased to continue our long term working relationship with Eagle Copters through this most recent agreement.”
Vector Aerospace has been supporting P&WC PT6T engines since 1988 as a Distributor & Designated Overhaul Facility (DDOF) for repair and overhaul, and currently holds Transport Canada (AMO 231-91) and DAO, European Joint Aviation Authorities (JAR 145) licenses for Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T engines. Vector Aerospace is also a DDOF for the complete range of PT6A and JT15D series engines, and a Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) for the PW300 and PW100 series engines, including the PW150A.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive turboshaft engine support capabilities, please visit us at Booth # 7556 during HAI Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville, KY.
Eagle Copters Ltd. is a family-owned, second generation company founded in 1975 by Mel O’Reilly based at the Calgary International Airport in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Under the guidance of Mel’s son Mike, the current Chairman, Eagle Copters and its affiliates across three continents have become the world’s premier helicopter leasing, sales and full-service organization. While pioneering the helicopter leasing business with full maintenance, repair and overhaul capability, Eagle Copters has added helicopter sales, complete refurbishment, engineering design for major airframe upgrades, and avionics manufacturing to its portfolio. Headquartered at its 80,000 ft2 facility in Calgary, Eagle Copters and its affiliates also perform aircraft accessory manufacturing and complete engine MRO.
Eagle Copters is also renowned for its extensive, global spare parts support, as a proud member of the Bell Helicopter Customer Service Facility network at multiple locations. The capability to provide innovative and complete solutions to all helicopter owners and operators positions Eagle Copters uniquely as the world’s premier, full-service helicopter organization.
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F