Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it has closed a multi-aircraft agreement with Bristow Group Inc. (“Bristow”) for the purchase and leaseback of three AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters. All three helicopters will operate offshore in crew change and limited Search and Rescue roles, on long-term contract in Guyana.
“We are pleased to announce yet another lease transaction with Bristow, and appreciate the opportunity to provide leasing solutions to one of the leading offshore helicopter operators in the world,” said Waypoint CEO Ed Washecka. “We deeply value our partnerships and are proud to support Bristow’s continued success while furthering our own expansion in Latin America.”
Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 120 aircraft with total assets in excess of $1.5 billion. Waypoint’s fleet operates for 16 customers in 27 countries. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 125 helicopters valued at more than $1.7 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf