Rockwell Collins’ latest solutions for helicopters will be playing a key role in the Gulf of Mexico as Era Group Inc., a leading helicopter transport operator based in the United States, has taken delivery of its first two Finmecannica AW189 heavy helicopters.
“We congratulate Era – the first operator of the AW189 in the Americas – on achieving this important milestone,” said Troy Brunk, vice president and general manager of Airborne Solutions at Rockwell Collins.
Already proven in the European offshore market, the AW189 helicopter is a versatile, multirole platform with a spacious cabin configured with 16 seats and a cockpit design incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies to reduce crew workload, optimize mission-effectiveness and enhance safety.
Rockwell Collins equipment on the AW189 includes our large format MFD-2810 displays which offer pilots highly intuitive helicopter symbology and HMI (human-machine interface), along with our HeliSure™ helicopter HTAWS and HSVS. In addition, the AW189 features the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21™ suite of communications and navigation radios, and an optional TCAS II traffic collision avoidance system, to ensure safe and reliable operations in increasingly congested airspace.
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189