Airbus Helicopters Inc. has extended its sales leadership in the U.S. market for airborne law enforcement helicopters, booking an order for an H125 AStar from the Utah Highway Patrol.
Utah Highway Patrol already operates an AS350 B2, to conduct a wide variety of law enforcement, search and rescue and utility-type missions in Utah. Completion of the new H125 will be by Hangar One Avionics in Carlsbad, Calif. The new aircraft is expected to be delivered in March and in service by this summer.
“We chose to standardize on the H125 three years ago due to its enhanced performance, safety features, and versatility,” said Capt. Luke Bowman, commander and chief pilot for the Utah Highway Patrol. “The H125 is a solid and reliable high-altitude performer and its wide cabin, flat floor and modified dual sliding doors, make it easy for us to load and unload people and equipment – supporting a range of missions.”
“Utah Highway Patrol has been operating Airbus Helicopters’ AStar model helicopters since 2001,” said Ed Van Winkle, Senior Sales Manager, airborne law enforcement for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “The H125 is an ideal law enforcement platform because of its enhanced power and maneuverability, load carrying capacity and hot- and high-performance capabilities.”
Produced in Columbus, Miss., the single-engine H125 is the latest version of the Airbus Helicopters AStar family of helicopters. Powered by the Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine, the H125 boasts a high cruise speed up to 140 knots and extra lifting capability. It is equipped with a dual digital engine control (FADEC) system, Engine Data Recorder, and Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) — enhancing safety and systems management while reducing workload for pilots.
The highly reliable, high-performance, multi-mission H125 has become the most popular single-engine helicopter among U.S. law enforcement agencies. Four California law enforcement agencies recently bolstered their crime fighting and public service capabilities by taking delivery of new H125s. Two each were delivered to the California Highway Patrol and Riverside County Sheriff’s Office, and one each to the Los Angeles Police Department and Ontario Police Department.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. leads the U.S. market in sales of new helicopters to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies maintaining a 54 percent market share over the last decade. A trusted partner in the law enforcement community, Airbus Helicopters has supplied aircraft to more than 50 law enforcement agencies across the nation.
In 2015 alone, Airbus Helicopters Inc. received orders for 15 new law enforcement aircraft to customers including California Highway Patrol, Los Angeles Police Department, Lee County Florida Sheriff’s Office, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Ontario Police Department, Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office and Elbit Systems. Airbus Helicopters Inc. delivered nine aircraft to law enforcement agencies in 2015.
For more information on Airbus Helicopters’ industry leading rotorcraft, stop by Airbus Helicopters Booth #9651 at Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville. Or, visit www.airbushelicoptersinc.com.
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350