Hillsboro Aviation Inc. will become the Airbus Helicopters exclusive commercial aircraft sales agent for the Pacific Northwest and Alaska under an agreement announced Tuesday by officials of Airbus Helicopters Inc. The exclusive sales agent agreement is the first authorized by Airbus Helicopters Inc. in the company’s 47-year history.
Based in Hillsboro, Ore. since 1980, Hillsboro Aviation has a proven history of serving the Pacific Northwest with helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft sales, repair and maintenance, charter services, FBO, avionics, and parts sales. Hillsboro has sold more than 1,000 helicopters and airplanes during that time. The company operates a fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and 13 helicopters, including two Airbus Helicopters H125s.
Through the years we recognized that Airbus Helicopters had become the leader in the industry when it came to the design, performance and use of advanced technology,” said Max Lyons, President, and owner of Hillsboro Aviation. “We’re excited to be able to offer our customers the broadest selection and most versatile product line on the market.”
Terms of the agreement provide for Hillsboro Aviation to act as the commercial sales agent for Airbus Helicopters products in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming and Alaska. Hillsboro Aviation, which is building a new facility, will also expand its MRO and other capabilities for support of Airbus Helicopters models, Lyons said.
We are pleased and excited to embark on this new relationship with Hillsboro Aviation,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Hillsboro has a long track record of serving its customers well, and with their outstanding reputation for service and integrity, they will enable Airbus Helicopters Inc. to increase sales and improve customer support in the Northwestern United States.
Hillsboro took delivery of its second Airbus Helicopters H125 AStar on Feb. 16 in Grand Prairie. That aircraft will be put into the Hillsboro fleet of aircraft doing utility work. The company received its first H125 at Heli-Expo 2015, which is now ferrying supplies under Department of Defence contracts.
The agreement was announced Tuesday at a ceremony at the Airbus Helicopters booth at Heli-Expo 2016, which is being held March 1-3 in Louisville. Airbus Helicopters is exhibiting at Booth #9651, and Hillsboro Aviation is exhibiting at Booth #10344.
About Hillsboro Aviation Inc.
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation is known internationally as a leader in the general aviation industry for providing quality aviation products and services including helicopter and airplane charter services, aircraft and parts sales, MRO services, avionics equipment sales, and installations. Hillsboro Aviation has flown more than 1.2 million hours in its 36-year history and supported a variety of missions including aerial firefighting, construction, search and rescue, TV news, aerial survey, and seismic operations. The company has sold more than 1,000 new and used aircraft and represents over 50 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors. In the spring of 2016, the company will move into its new corporate headquarters at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport, an expansion that is the second phase of a 425,000 square foot development project. Max Lyons, President, and owner of Hillsboro Aviation is also Chairman of Helicopter Association International. To learn more, visit www.hillsboroaviation.com.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad