Hillsboro Aviation Inc. will become the Airbus Helicopters exclusive commercial aircraft sales agent for the Pacific Northwest and Alaska under an agreement announced Tuesday by officials of Airbus Helicopters Inc. The exclusive sales agent agreement is the first authorized by Airbus Helicopters Inc. in the company’s 47-year history.
Based in Hillsboro, Ore. since 1980, Hillsboro Aviation has a proven history of serving the Pacific Northwest with helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft sales, repair and maintenance, charter services, FBO, avionics, and parts sales. Hillsboro has sold more than 1,000 helicopters and airplanes during that time. The company operates a fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and 13 helicopters, including two Airbus Helicopters H125s.
Through the years we recognized that Airbus Helicopters had become the leader in the industry when it came to the design, performance and use of advanced technology,” said Max Lyons, President, and owner of Hillsboro Aviation. “We’re excited to be able to offer our customers the broadest selection and most versatile product line on the market.”
Terms of the agreement provide for Hillsboro Aviation to act as the commercial sales agent for Airbus Helicopters products in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming and Alaska. Hillsboro Aviation, which is building a new facility, will also expand its MRO and other capabilities for support of Airbus Helicopters models, Lyons said.
We are pleased and excited to embark on this new relationship with Hillsboro Aviation,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Hillsboro has a long track record of serving its customers well, and with their outstanding reputation for service and integrity, they will enable Airbus Helicopters Inc. to increase sales and improve customer support in the Northwestern United States.
Hillsboro took delivery of its second Airbus Helicopters H125 AStar on Feb. 16 in Grand Prairie. That aircraft will be put into the Hillsboro fleet of aircraft doing utility work. The company received its first H125 at Heli-Expo 2015, which is now ferrying supplies under Department of Defence contracts.
The agreement was announced Tuesday at a ceremony at the Airbus Helicopters booth at Heli-Expo 2016, which is being held March 1-3 in Louisville. Airbus Helicopters is exhibiting at Booth #9651, and Hillsboro Aviation is exhibiting at Booth #10344.
About Hillsboro Aviation Inc.
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation is known internationally as a leader in the general aviation industry for providing quality aviation products and services including helicopter and airplane charter services, aircraft and parts sales, MRO services, avionics equipment sales, and installations. Hillsboro Aviation has flown more than 1.2 million hours in its 36-year history and supported a variety of missions including aerial firefighting, construction, search and rescue, TV news, aerial survey, and seismic operations. The company has sold more than 1,000 new and used aircraft and represents over 50 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors. In the spring of 2016, the company will move into its new corporate headquarters at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport, an expansion that is the second phase of a 425,000 square foot development project. Max Lyons, President, and owner of Hillsboro Aviation is also Chairman of Helicopter Association International. To learn more, visit www.hillsboroaviation.com.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024