LCI, the aviation leasing arm of the Libra Group, touches down at this year’s HAI Heli-Expo with a fleet of 21 helicopters in service, and expects to double this number before the end of 2016.
LCI grew extensively in 2015, introducing the AW189 into service in its fleet alongside the AW139. Throughout the year, it placed 12 aircraft into service with operators in the emergency medical services, offshore wind and oil & gas, operating in diverse settings around the world. Australia is a particular growth market.
By late 2016, the lessor expects to have over 40 helicopters of varying classes and payloads in service with an estimated value of $700 million.
Speaking about LCI’s presence at the show, Crispin Maunder, LCI’s Executive Chairman, said: “Whilst this is a challenging time for the helicopter sector, there are many pockets of demand and we see the future as being about a balanced portfolio of aircraft and lessees. This is the strategy that LCI has pursued since inception, focusing on growing our exposure in buoyant sectors such as offshore wind and emergency medical services.
“We are delighted once again to be attending Heli-Expo, as it is an excellent forum to engage with our partners in the helicopter industry, OEMs and current and prospective customers.”
In 2016, LCI also expanded its fleet further with a firm order for an additional 11 AgustaWestland aircraft valued at US$125 million. In total, it has a fleet of 90 AgustaWestland and Airbus units, with helicopters currently in operation across five continents – Asia, Australasia, Africa, North America and Europe.
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers