Today at the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Conference in Louisville, KY, Life Flight Network (LFN) received recognition for earning two distinguished safety accreditations. LFN is the first air medical operator in the world to receive the HAI Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) designation for helicopter air ambulance operations. Simultaneously, LFN received International Standard for Business Aircraft Operators (IS-BAO) accreditation from the International Business Aviation Council (IBAC).
HAI-APS is a voluntary program to assist helicopter operators reduce accident and incident rates by helping to ensure the program’s safety culture is where it should be. HAI, the trade association for the international helicopter community, developed HAI-APS to help participating businesses “fly to a higher standard” of safety and professionalism. To become an HAI-APS accredited operator, programs need to demonstrate their operations are in compliance with internationally accepted standards of safety and professionalism for helicopter operations.
IBAC is an international, non-governmental association which represents, promotes, and protects the interests of business aviation in international policy and regulatory forums. IBAC introduced the IS-BAO program after recognizing the need for the business aviation community to take a lead role in fostering harmonization of operating procedures and requirements. IS-BAO’s fundamental purpose is to foster standardized, safe, and highly professional aircraft operations.
“We owe it to our employees, our patients, and to the communities we serve to conduct air ambulance operations as safely as possible,” stated Michael Griffiths, Chief Executive Officer of LFN. Griffiths adds, “Becoming the first air ambulance operator in the world to achieve dual HAI-APS and IS-BAO accreditations is further demonstration of our commitment to operating medically configured helicopters in the safest manner possible.”
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award