Air Zermatt has selected the SKYe SH09 as its next generation single-engine turbine helicopter.
Air Zermatt enjoys through its versatile activities in high mountainous regions as well as their constant innovation a worldwide recognition. In order to be prepared for the future, Air Zermatt has selected the SKYe SH09 as its next generation single-engine turbine helicopter.
“The constantly increasing requirements with regards to performance and environment on the one hand and the expectations of operational flexibility on the other hand, require a conceptually new single-engine turbine helicopter. This new helicopter we have found with MARENCO SWISSHELICOPTER” says Gerold Biner, CEO of Air Zermatt. “Important for us is the fact that Marenco Swisshelicopter enables us to influence the helicopter’s design with our 45 years of experience in areal work and air rescue.”
“Winning Air Zermatt as a launch customer for the SKYe SH09 is the confirmation for us that the market is ready for a newly developed helicopter and that our design is right one,” says Martin Stucki, CEO of MARENCO SWISSHELICOPTER. “Air Zermatt’s long-term experience in combination with our know-how is the ideal partnership to bring a new, modern and versatile helicopter to the market.”
AIR ZERMATT was founded in 1968 with the aim to professionalize the evacuation of injured persons in the region of the famous alpine resort of Zermatt, Switzerland. In 1971 AIR ZERMATT performed the first direct evacuation out of the Eiger-North-Face using a rescue hoist, and in 2010 a team of AIR ZERMATT evacuated three mountaineers from the Annapurna in Nepal at an altitude of 7’000 m (23’000ft). From 1976 until 1979 the helicopters of AIR ZERMATT performed over 6’000 flights up to 3’820m (12’533ft) to build the upper station of the Klein-Matterhorn cable car. Today AIR ZERMATT is proficient in many sectors of helicopter operations and operates 9 helicopters from its bases in Zermatt, Raron and Gampel, Switzerland.
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Rainier Heli-International adds five SH09 options
- Kopter and INAEC launch SH09 in the Philippines
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Kopter introduces its new website!
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Kopter’s SH09 Flight Test Program moves forward
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Paradise Helicopters visits Kopter’s SH09 flight test base in Pozzallo
- Metro Aviation signs an agreement with Kopter
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Kopter and Louisiana State announce new helicopter facility
- Kopter SH09 successfully completed initial flight tests
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- SH09 latest prototype begins flight trials
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018